Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) enables people to make powerful connections-whether in business,
education, philanthropy, or creativity. Cisco hardware, software, and service offerings are used to create the Internet solutions that make networks possible-providing easy access to information anywhere, at any time.
Job Title: EMEAR (Nigeria) – Associate Systems Engineer – Sales
Cisco is always looking to identify talented people. If you are reading this posting then we may not have an open job right now, however it is highly likely we will in the future. If you are interested in working for Cisco in this capacity then please submit your CV or resume against this requisition.
The world is connecting faster than ever before. Connect the unconnected by becoming a part of the Internet of Everything. The Cisco Sales Associates Program is looking for outgoing, early-in-career individuals who have a passion for technology and are motivated to succeed.
A successful Associate Systems Engineer (ASE) will expand their networking knowledge and be trained to collaborate with Cisco sales professionals to provide technical solutions for our customers.
Learn from top Cisco experts in a unique setting among your peers. The Cisco Sales Associates Program offers a global environment that provides 12 months of on-the-job training that will prepare you for a successful engineering career at Cisco. Gain hands-on education and experience with leading-edge technology, while receiving an attractive salary and accelerating your career aspirations.
For the first three months of the program, you’ll undergo courses focusing on the latest technology advancements, including Cisco architectures, solutions, products, and competitors. Over the next nine months, you’ll advance into an engineering role with the Cisco Global Virtual Engineering Team, shadowing technology professionals while continuing certification studies and virtual learning.
Global Virtual Engineering is a multilevel technical presales organization, which provides systems engineering services to customers, partners, and internal Cisco sales employees in a global virtual networked environment. Upon graduation from the program, you’ll be promoted into a Virtual Systems Engineering role within Cisco, where you can continue to grow your career.
• Undergraduate or graduate degree (minimum bachelor of science or Engineering degree)
• Graduated from an accredited university prior to program start date
• Preferred cumulative GPA of minimum 3.0 or equivalent in your academic program
• Electrical, Computer, or Networking Engineering, Information Technology, MIS, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics degree or other equivalent disciplines with an emphasis on Software Design practices preferred.
• Foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, software design and object-oriented skills preferred.
• Technical support, presales or post-sales experience in the technology industry preferred
• Fluent in English, written and verbal as well as the language of the country you are applying to
• Must be able to legally live and work in the country for which you’re applying, without visa support or sponsorship (student visas or visas obtained on your own are not applicable for the program)
The relocation expectations within the first three years will be the following:
• Year 1: You must be willing to relocate to a Cisco Sales Associates Program training hub within your region for the 12 months of the program. Cisco will provide relocation assistance when applicable.
• Year 2: Will be promoted to a Virtual Systems Engineering role in Global Virtual Engineering. You must stay at the Cisco Sales Associates Program hub location or be relocated to a Global Virtual Engineering hub in their home country for 12 months. Relocation outside the Cisco Sales Associates Program hub location would be based on business need. We cannot confirm final placement destination at the time of offer. Cisco will provide relocation assistance when applicable.
• Year 3: After the first two years within the Global Virtual Engineering organization, you are entitled to apply internally to open Systems Engineering positions within the company.
Program start dates: January 26, 2015
How to Apply