Job Grade/Level: Contract Staff
Department: Account Origination and Servicing
Unit: Customer Mandate
Main purpose of the job:
To accurately ensure all necessary documentations are in place for all types of accounts as directed and captured in the banks KYC operational Manual.
• Ensure all packages received at the KYC centre are accounted for and daily report of total accounts received are duly confirmed.
• Ensure that workflow within the unit is of consistently high standard.
• To comply with business requests and prompt reports to ensure business targets and timelines are met.
• Ensure all received packages are processed within 24hrs of receipt.
• Proactively identify trends that may affect the quality of data reporting and checking and ensure corrective action is applied appropriately and timeously.
• To ensure detailed checks on all packages received to ensure KYC compliance
• To accurately capture packages received on excel so as to deduce outstanding AOP’s yet to be submitted by the branches.
• Ensure that all AOP meet the expected compliance, policies and statutory regulations and Non-compliance are actioned immediately to branches.
• Timely escalation to the team leader on issues requiring such.
• Ensure target is maintained on a daily basis by pre-planning activities.
• Ensure zero error rate
• Ensure that packages are properly tagged with correct CIF Id’s
• Ensure that tagged files are arranged serially and put on the rack as per agreed tinelines
• Ensure retrival of file /document request are met within agreeded time luinesd
• Pro-actively monitor work flows and work queues to ensure that the same day processing is achieved.
• Ensure any system issues are immediately escalated through the appropriate channels.
• Ensure the commitment targets as would be advise from time to time and done so within the turnaround times agreed to.
• Ensure service levels agreed to are met or are above standard.
• Ensure appropriate cost control.
• Timeously identify risks and opportunities.
• Assist where required, with escalated queries that may relate to the AOP’s received and processed.
• Work smart with room for little or no errors
• Maintain confidentiality and integrity of customer
Key performance measures:
• Meet and exceed capture targets and SLAs
• Attention to details on documentation checks
• Productivity and efficiency
• Improve Business Operations’ Customer Satisfaction Levels
• Improve External Customer Experience via targeted process improvements
• Internal and external customers; Branches, other departments within IPC and Fraud Risk Department.
• Will be required to interact with other areas such as IT, Compliance, Internal Audit, Operations, Fraud
Problem solving, planning and decision making
• Required to follow laid down policies and procedures at all times. Work within well defined procedures, controls and systems, ensuring that these are complied with when undertaking daily activities.
• Sound recall of procedures and previous experience is required
• Refer problems falling outside parameters to the team leader for resolution within agreed timeframes.
• outside usual parameters are to be referred to the immediate supervisor
• Make recommendations with regard to streamlining or changing processes, thereby striving to improve customer service and turnaround times
• Ability to quickly identify “bottlenecks” in processes/internal regulations and understanding the impact of these on customer service
• Escalate technical problems to correct areas following the proper escalation procedures
• Most common issues dealt with involve assessment of financial transactions to identify whether all the necessary conditions have been met.
• Able to take the initiative within limits of authority.
• Know when to exercise discretion and when to make ‘on the spot’ problem analysis when a client is experiencing a problem.
• Work with empathy without compromising standard.
Knowledge, experience and personal competencies
• Sound Knowledge of the banks/CBN KYC standard
• Computer literate (ms office)
• Knowledge of bank’s policies as it relates to function
• Knowledge on Fraud and Compliance requirements
N/A – Your school leaving graduates.
• Ability to convey factual information clearly and accurately
• Methodical, accurate and pays attention to detail
• Computer literacy.
• Self motivated
• Customer service orientated
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to remain calm and handle pressure
• Problem solving and analysis
• Results driven
• Team player
• Integrity and honesty
• Service orientated
How to Apply
Interested Applicants should forward their cvs to (email@example.com) using KYC OFFICER as the subject of the Email.