Department: Integrated Processing Centre
Main purpose of the job
To conduct verification and quality checks on all applications and deals taken up. To accurately perform credit and fraud checks in accordance with laid down procedures, limiting the risk of fraudulent / inaccurate applications processing. To process applications in the required turnaround times ensuring high level of customer service.
• Ensure all verification requests are actioned within turnaround times in order for the application to be sent to the next stage in the production line.
• Verify captured application against the physical documents.
• Ensure compliance with all credit, fraud and compliance processes policies and procedures
• Proactively identify trends that may affect the quality of data and ensure corrective action and escalation to team leader is applied appropriately and timeously.
• Ensure target is maintained on a daily basis and hourly basis by pre planning activities.
• Perform income, employment and identity verification accurately and within turnaround times in order to limit risk and fraud.
• Contact Customers/Branches with regards to outstanding information to ensure accounts are approved.
• Identify discrepancies on the application documents as well as the supporting documents e.g. but not limited to payslips, ID, proof of address
• Accurately perform credit and fraud checks in order to limit the risk of fraudulent or inaccurate application processing.
• Perform KYC verification within turnaround time.
• Ensure all application data is accurately verified in terms of laid down procedures and a full audit of the applications is completed to ensure internal fraud is prohibited.
• Ensure that the verifications calls are conducted in a manner which promotes the customer experience promoted by SBSA
• Ensure error rate is kept at a minimum.
• Pro-actively monitor work flows and work queues to ensure that the same day processing of the verification (security call) process is achieved.
• Ensure tools required for normal business is in working condition.
• Ensure service levels agreed to be met or are above standard and outputs are at a required standard.
• Ensure appropriate and accurate MIS is produced, considered consistent and reliable, and made available to management.
• Timeously identify risks and opportunities.
• Assist where required, with escalated application queries that may relate to the verification and verdict process.
• Ensure that all applications are forwarded through to the relevant areas.
• Accepts responsibility for quality when carrying out duties
• Provides support for own team and other departments, in order to optimise business opportunities.
• Ensure personal growth by attending job related workshops.
• Maintain confidentiality and integrity of customer
• Ensure proper record keeping in terms of KYC.
Key performance measures
• All applications received to be verified within the agreed turnaround times.
• Meet or exceed monthly daily, weekly and monthly targets.
• Compliance with relevant policies, procedures and regulations.
• Productivity and efficiency
• Operational losses
• KYC process to be maintained within the agreed turnaround times.
• Performance aligned with agreed service levels.
• Improve Business Operations’ Customer Satisfaction Levels
• Improve External Customer Experience via targeted process improvements
• Good communication skills with colleagues and management resulting in good customer service.
• Will be required to interact and obtain information from other areas such as IT, Compliance, Internal Audit, SBSA Sales and Marketing, SBSA Customer Value Management, SBSA Operations, Credit and Decision Support.
• Will be required to interact with the Communications department in order to follow up on missing documents.
Problem solving, planning and decision making
• Make recommendations with regard to streamlining or changing processes, thereby striving to improve customer service and turnaround times
• Ability to quickly identify “bottlenecks” in processes/internal regulations and understanding the impact of these on customer service
• Escalate technical problems to correct areas following the proper escalation procedures
• Most common issues dealt with involve assessment of financial transactions to identify whether all the necessary conditions have been met.
• Able to take the initiative within limits of authority.
• Know when to exercise discretion and when to make ‘on the spot’ problem analysis when a client is experiencing a problem.
• Required to follow laid down policies and procedures at all times. Work within well defined procedures, controls and systems, ensuring that these are complied with when undertaking daily activities.
• Sound recall of procedures and previous experience is required
• Refer problems falling outside parameters to the team leader for resolution within agreed timeframes.
• outside usual parameters are to be referred to the immediate supervisor
• Prioritising work urgencies on what gets processed first.
• Perform quality checks of document quality and escalate to team leader
• To be orientated towards immediate accomplishments and to be a firm decision maker.
• To be an innovative individual who can think laterally, who has a business vision and who can take an idea and move with it to conclusion.
• Ability to take ownership and resolve queries/problems within limits of jobs.
Knowledge, experience and personal competencies
• Detailed understanding of credit policies and procedures.
• Sound understanding of MIS
• Computer literacy, MS Outlook, Word, Excel
• Thorough knowledge of a full range of products
• Thorough knowledge of the Code of Banking Practice
• Understanding of the Branch Practice
• A very good understanding of banking principles, procedures, processes, service and products.
• Detailed understanding and interpretation of application documents.
• At least 1 to 2 years experience with exposure to various products.
• Experience in General Banking.
• Self motivated
• Integrity and honesty.
• Need to understand the importance of business and turnaround time
• Must be able to follow-up on queries and give feedback to superiors
• Sound communication skills are required.
• Systematic – like to get every detail right. Neat and tidy with paperwork
• Emotionally controlled – remain calm under pressure and avoid outbursts
• Conscientious – sticks to deadlines, persevere with routine and fixed schedules
• Ability to operate independently and with minimum supervision
• Ability to work in a pressurised environment
• Process orientated
• Ability to plan and organise
• Ability to monitor work flow and meet deadlines and targets
• Able to work flexible hours
• Enjoys problem solving
• Detail conscious – methodical, precise, accurate and tidy
• Service focussed by ensuring the needs of others is met
• Deadline orientated
• Group orientation – by working well in a team
• Adaptable to change
• Building relationships
How to Apply
Interested Applicants should forward their cvs to (email@example.com) using CONSULTANT and VERIFICATION as the subject of the Email.