WorleyParsons has the capabilities and technologies to address all challenges – small brownfield services contracts to greenfield mega projects. From identifying the opportunity to the operating phase, our services cover the entire asset lifecycle.
Our extensive experience ensures that we provide project solutions with the lowest total lifecycle cost while meeting each customer’s specific requirements. We have the track record and systems necessary to pursue and deliver large-scale and complex projects. As resource projects continue to grow in size and complexity, WorleyParsons is one of the few global companies with the resources, technical capabilities, and systems to meet these demands.
Position Title: Safety & Risk Engineer
WorleyParsons – NGA-Lagos
Hazard and Risk Management.
• To identify the safety engineering scope of work from basis of design.
• To be able to determine and estimate norms to conduct the scope of work.
• To be able to raise a suite of project deliverables including procedures, design basis and
execution plan & schedules of activities.
• Network and inter-discipline departments. Interface management with the client.
• Conduct HAZID workshops.
• Lead HAZOP workshops.
• Safety Review.
• Fire & Explosion Analysis.
• Loss Prevention related studies.
• Formal Safety Assessments.
• Safety Critical Element & Performance Standards.
• Safety Case.
• Reliability Studies, including FMEA and RAM.
• SIL Assessments.
Design Requirements for Safety Systems.
• Design Safety Reviews / Studies, Layout, EERA, ESSA, F&G, Dropped Object, Hazardous Area.
• Active Fire Protection Design (or knowledge of).
• Passive Fire Protection Design (or knowledge of).
• Ability to identify and raise suite of project procedures & deliverables.
• CTR Management & progress reporting, Estimation of work scopes & CTR.
• To Determine the Major Accident Hazard events and to apply a formalised approach of hazard
management to identify and provide means of mitigation and reduction of such hazards.
• To take ownership of and provide direction to engineers through ability to prepare and author full
suite of project safety deliverables.
• Manage a team of professional and technical people.
• Act as mentor to graduates, technicians and technical specialists.
• Liaise with the local community and other stakeholders on all consulting matters.
• Quality Assurance – Responsible for implementing the EMS V3.
• Safety – Responsible for personal safety safe working practices for the BU, etc. Understand and
follow OH&S procedures.
• One Way – demonstrate a commitment to the ONE WAY.
• 6 – 8 years Minimum.
• Engineering related BSc.
How to Apply