Instructor in Microeconomics Jobs at Kaplan International English – Victoria Island, Lagos
Kaplan International English (www.kaplaninternational.com), a division of Kaplan Inc. (a subsidiary
of Graham Holdings Company), is an exciting company in the world of international education. With 44 English language schools in the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, we are a leading provider of English language courses and other study abroad programmes for students from more than 100 countries around the world.
Job Title: Instructor in Microeconomics
Kaplan International English – Victoria Island, Lagos
Instructor in Microeconomics
Kaplan International-Northeastern University partnership, Lagos, Nigeria
Fixed term: January 2015 – May 2015, with possibility of renewal
The Kaplan Pathway Program was created by the Consortium of North American Universities (CNAU) to provide an academically rigorous pathway for talented Nigerian students who want to pursue their undergraduate studies in the US. The program offers successful students admission to a top US college or university, 20 credits towards a bachelor’s degree, comprehensive English preparation, and a supportive learning environment.
Teaching will take place in a brand new facility in Victoria Island, Lagos – the most prestigious business district in Nigeria. This exciting project is the first of its kind in Africa and has the support of the US consulate and Nigerian Government student sponsor bodies.
We are now inviting applications for Microeconomics instructors and lecturers. Teachers may be required to contribute to basic internet technology courses and study skills teaching. The positions are best suited to experienced teachers with international experience who are willing to work as part of a small team.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Master’s degree from a US university in relevant subject
• 2 years teaching experience
• The ability to contribute to integrated teaching across the curriculum
• An understanding of US/Western higher education and the needs and requirements of international students
• Direct experience of further and higher education in an international context
• Demonstrable cross-cultural awareness and understanding
• A commitment to teamwork, to working flexibly and to seeking solutions to problems
• Competitive salary
• Fixed term contract from January 2015 – May 2015, with possibility of renewal
• Free staff accommodation provided (including all bills) on the brand new Victoria Island, Lagos campus
• High speed internet provided in the accommodation
• Medical insurance provided
• Return flight from a major US gateway for candidates based in USA
• Visa assistance provided if needed
Please apply via our online application form, with your CV and covering letter highlighting why you believe you are suitable for this role.
Closing date: On-going