Our client is one of the largest printing organizations in sub-Saharan Africa based in Lagos Nigeria.
They possess top-class equipment and facilities that cannot be rivalled on the continent. As a result of growth and expansion, the position of a Senior Resources Officer has become vacant.
Job Title: Accountant
Employee in this job Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports. Process and reconcile a wide variety of accounting documents such as invoices, departmental billings, employee reimbursements, bank reconciliation, cash receipts, vendor statements, and journal vouchers; review and code financial information; prepare and process documents to disburse funds, make deposits and prepare reports; compile and review information for accuracy; and maintain records.
Work is performed by applying knowledge of accounting terminology and using Spreadsheets and/or automated accounting systems.
Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
Maintains professional and technical knowledge.
Accomplish the result by performing the duty
Any other duty of similar deliverable that may be assigned from time to time
Organizational skills with attention to detail
Corporate Finance, confidentiality
Reporting skills, deadline-oriented, time management
Reasoning ability, mathematical ability, and logical thinking skills
Data entry management, Problem solving skills
Proficient with MS Office (word, excel, Power point) a MUST and accounting software usage.
Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
The Candidate preferably be a Female, MUST be a Chartered Accountant, a graduate with back ground in Accounting and MUST be familiar with accounting modelling tools.
Must have 3 – 6 years work experience in core accounting duties.
How to Apply
QUALIFIED FEMALE APPLICANTS SHOULD PLEASE SEND THEIR CVs to ‘email@example.com’ using ‘ACCT – 2601’ as subject of mail.
Salary is N 150, 000 – N 200, 000 / m (depending on experience).
Application closes Monday 16th February, 2015
Job Title: Senior Human Resources Officer
The Senior Human Resources Officer (SHRO) develops advice on and implements policies relating to the effective use of personnel within an organization. The incumbent officer is to ensure that the organization employs the right balance of staff in terms of skills and experience, and that training and development opportunities are available to employees to enhance their performance and achieve the employer’s business aims.
1) Administer compensation, benefits and performance management systems, and safety and recreation programs.
2) Identify staff vacancies and recruit, interview and select applicants.
3) Allocate human resources, ensuring appropriate matches between personnel.
4) Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, and opportunities for promotion and employee benefits.
5) Perform difficult staffing duties, including dealing with understaffing, refereeing disputes, firing employees, and administering disciplinary procedures.
6) Advise managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes.
7) Analyze and modify compensation and benefits policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
8) Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
9) Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems.
10) Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of subordinates and staff relating to employment, compensation, labor relations, and employee relations.
11) Analyze training needs to design employee development towards the benefit of the organization at large.
12) Maintain records and compile reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates.
13) Analyze data and reports to identify and determine causes of personnel problems and develop recommendations for improvement of organization’s personnel policies and practices.
14) Plan, organize, direct, control or coordinate the personnel, training, or labor relations activities of an organization.
15) Conduct exit interviews to identify reasons for employee termination.
16) Represent organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
17) Negotiate bargaining agreements and help interpret labor contracts.
18) Prepare personnel forecast to project employment needs.
19) Prepare and follow budgets for personnel operations.
20) Contract with vendors to provide employee services, such as food service, transportation, or relocation service (when the need arises).
21) Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE – SKILL REQUIREMENTS
The ideal candidate preferably a Female should be experience in the development and implementation of HR policies and programs, seeking best practices and continuous improvement in Human Resources and the organization.
Strong analytical skills with the ability to present a ‘business case’ to all levels of management and stakeholders within the organization.
Proven communication skills – including the ability to compose documents on classification, compensation and other HR programs for all levels of the organization.
Proven skills and experience in the implementation of new programs, with the ability to gain ‘buy-in’ at several levels within the organization.
Proven ability to communicate effectively and persuade others on sensitive and competing issues.
Good knowledge of office software.
Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or other related field very preferable.
Prefer a minimum of 4 – 6 years solid experience in a well structured organization.
Prior experience in human resources management, performance management, strategic HR.
A member of a professional body e. g CIPM, SHRM, CIPD
How to Apply
ONLY QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITH STATED YEARS OF HUMAN RESOURCES EXPERIENCE SHOULD PLEASE SEND THEIR CV’s to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ using ‘SHRO’ as subject of mail.