WAEC, GCE, O/L Mechanic Nigeria Job Vacancy at Pacific Drilling 2015
With our best-in-class drillships and highly experienced team, Pacific Drilling is a fast-growing
company committed to becoming the industry’s preferred ultra-deepwater drilling contractor. Since initiating construction of our first four rigs in 2008, Pacific Drilling has grown into a successful, premium drilling contractor with more than 1,500 employees and contracts with the highest-quality clients in the industry.To date we have delivered six ships; two more vessels under construction will be completed within the year. Our fleet of eight ultra-deepwater drillships will represent one of the youngest and most technologically advanced fleets in the world.Throughout our development, we have remained committed to customer service and operating with the utmost integrity and focus on safety. Pacific Drilling will continue to combine the strength of a large, well-capitalized enterprise with the agility and flexibility of a small solution provider to the benefit of our customers, suppliers, employees and the communities in which we operate. Pacific Drilling’s corporate offices are located in Houston, Texas, with operations offices in Brazil, Nigeria, Singapore and South Korea.
Job Title: Mechanic Nigeria
The Mechanic is a leader in executing the preventative / corrective maintenance and ongoing repairs to Mechanical Drilling Equipment and support Systems.
Department / Location
Operations / Offshore
The Mechanic executes the preventative and corrective maintenance is his/her area of responsibility, communicates regularly with the other departments (engine room, electrical, electronic, subsea, drilling, marine and safety) when required. The Mechanic is responsible for entering correct data into the Computer Maintenance Management System.
Direct Manager/Supervisor – Chief Mechanic
• High School, senior school certificate (SSCE)/ West Africa Examination Council (WAEC)/ GCE O/L, or equivalent.
• Minimum 2 years of offshore experience in the position of Mechanic.
• Fluent English communication skills (oral and written).
• Experienced and trained on hydraulic systems troubleshooting and maintenance.
• NOV 6th generation cyber chair experience
• Must be authorized to work without sponsorship in Nigeria
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Comply with Pacific Drilling Code of Conduct and supporting policies, standards and applicable process documentation.
• Perform all work according to agreed expectations of both internal and external customers, focus on doing things right the
first time, every time, and contribute actively to continual improvement activities.
• Act as a safety leader ensuring the ongoing identification of hazards and controls to manage the associated risks with a
special focus on Permit to Work and Isolations.
• Daily checks the condition of areas and equipment, i.e. knuckle boom cranes, mud pumps, draw works, top drive, mud
treatment and all drilling related equipment and systems under his responsibility, by making rounds.
• Inform Chief Mechanic and other department heads of any technical problems or limitations that might affect the safe
operation of the vessel.
• Using the CMMS, plan and execute preventive maintenance with a minimum of 6 week overview to cover current hitch and
half of back-to back, keeping an updated and accurate historical record of all maintenance done as well as all equipment certification documents.
• Ensure that maintenance is planned, organized, supervised and executed in accordance with well programs, Pacific
Drilling requirements and contractual obligations.
• Under all circumstances maintain a minimum amount of spares onboard – together with direct supports – for
• Maintain workshop equipment and tools to the highest safety standards.
• Provide and support members of the crew in the operation and maintenance practices of equipment.
• Clearly and accurate communicate work status at end of shift and end of hitch handovers.
• Maintain the housekeeping onboard to Pacific Standards with a particular focus on escape routes.
• Completion of all mandatory training and certification requirements or Mechanic as described in Pacific Drilling offshore
How to Apply
Click here to apply online