We’re a leading international bank, with more than a 150-year history in some of the world’s most
We bank the people and companies driving investment, trade and the creation of wealth across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
With 1,600 branches and offices in 70 countries, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities.
Job Title: Head FCC Operations and Governance
Standard Chartered Bank – Lagos, Nigeria
The Country Head of Financial Crime Compliance Operations and Governance is to ensure that all business activities in the country have appropriate arrangements in place to meet the requirements of the Group’s FCC policies and applicable local laws and regulations, and that these arrangements are operating effectively and are in compliant with the Group and Regional standards. He/She is also to provide oversight to the management of all financial crime risks in the Country through the implementation of the financial crime control framework and to ensure escalation of such risks to relevant stakeholders and Committee.
* Establish measures to identify suspicious activity and report to the relevant authorities locally
* Conduct quality testing for financial crime surveillance and intelligence outputs from company systems (e.g. Detica)
* Provide second line assurance to business and functional management that these capabilities are managed to industry standards
* Provide assurance to local management that AML / CFT / Sanctions risks are managed within the country
* Provide financial crime surveillance and intelligence capabilities to monitor RC, CC and C & I customers and staff for unusual activity and to escalate issues that require review or investigation
* Monitor developments in external/internal financial crime risks including trends. Develop responses and advise the business on financial crime risks and trends. Identify trends of significant fraud and money laundering through regional metrics. Coordinate MI and ensure visibility to right stakeholders
* Conduct financial crime risk assessments to identify country level risks while ensuring the execution of the Region Risk Assessment methodology in country
* Coordinate the tracking, reporting and remediation of all risk issues stemming from all regulatory examinations, internal audits, risk assessments and monitoring reviews. Ensure the development of risk mitigation action plans through relevant committees
* Provide investigation capabilities. Assist the Regional FCC investigations team in conducting significant investigations. Conduct investigations in line with the Group standards for investigations in the country / region including case management, data capture and reporting
* Ensure that any additional local requirements for FCC beyond Group standards are identified and that those additional local requirements are implemented
* Provide governance in the establishment and management of relationships with all external partners (GSSC, RFCIO or Regional FCC) aimed at optimizing business performance
* Coordinate and manage Speaking Up regulations and policies in country with assistance from Regional Head of FCC.
Leadership and Management
* Lead Anti-Bribery activities in country; form an Anti-Bribery network of business and functional representatives in country
* Develop skilled resources who can contribute to the management of FCC within the Country FCC team
* Promote and embed a compliance culture throughout the country
* Ensure there is capacity in line with the Group’s objective for the management of financial crime risks by developing and/or continuously reviewing the Bank’s procedures and systems to ensure they remain up-to-date and meet current local statutory and regulatory requirements
* Raise the profile of SCB in the country as leading the way in tackling financial crime, for example through regional focus/ benchmarking groups (ACAMS etc.) and representing SCB at country FCC forums
* Provide leadership and guidance to the Governance team by developing skilled resources within the Governance function
* Lead significant programmes of work in support of the Country and Region’s financial crime compliance objectives, for example major capability upgrades or remediation activities
Knowledge Development and Information Management
* Perform gap analysis between the Group Anti-Bribery policy and procedures and Country Requirements (laws and regulations); maintain awareness of the Groups Anti-Bribery program; training on Group Anti-Bribery policy and procedures
* Ensure provision of appropriate FCC awareness & training (i.e. SAR and financial crime trends, AML investigation outcomes, Sanctions and ABC training, lessons learnt) within country
* Prepare lessons learnt documents (from SARs & AML Investigations/examinations/reviews) and share with business advisory teams and Regional Head of FCC for cascade to other FCC teams.
* Ensure resources are equipped with the relevant skills and capabilities to execute their tasks diligently and proficiently
* Manage relationships with FCC Operations vendors in the country so that external specialist support is available when required.
* Manage relationships with law enforcement, attending court cases where required
* Coordinate of business to provide a response to local production orders, court orders and request for information from regulators or law enforcement agencies
* Coordinate with GIA to ensure adequate oversight and tracking of remediation of surveillance and investigations related audit findings in the first line
* Coordinate with Country Compliance to ensure adequate oversight and tracking of remediation of surveillance and investigations related Regulatory findings
* Attend appropriate local Risk Committees where required.
* Work closely with the Regional’s Governance function and their teams, ensuring there is a consistent message to country FCC, and dealing with country issues as they come up
* Work to establish a culture of risk awareness and proactive risk identification and assessment amongst all functions across the bank.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Enter roles and responsibilities
Qualifications & Skills
Enter qualifications and skills
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
How to Apply
Click here to apply online