Established in 2006, Accion Microfinance Bank has a mission, “To
entrepreneurs and low-income earners by
providing financial services in asustainable, ethical and
manner.” The bank which has a license tooperate nationally in Nigeria,
has an extensive branch network where customershave easy access to
various products and services that include savings,
With a total
asset baseof over N5 billion as at December 2014, Accion Microfinance
Bank is the safeand strong microfinance bank positioned to serve her
ever increasing customershaving disbursed over N32bn in loans to over
163,000 customer accounts sinceinception. AccionMicrofinance Bank has
solid shareholder investments from three major banks –Ecobank, Zenith
Bank and Citi Bank – as well as International FinanceCorporation, a
member of the World Bank and Accion Investments – all of whichcontribute
to its strong financial base and allow it to service anever-increasing
number of customers. The bank’s corporate citizenship focuses on
education, in which donations of educational materials and supplies are
madeto pupils of public primary schools.
Bank has won several awards including the EFInA Award for thefinancial
service provider that has deepened financial inclusion in Nigeria,the
Lagos State Enterprise (LEAD) award for Best Microfinance Bank in
LagosState multiple times, and the LEAD Centenary MFB of the Year, for
its impact onsocio-economic development, contributions to sustainable
development, and itscommitment to financial inclusion in Nigeria. In
2012, Accion Microfinance Bank wasvoted “Top 5 Company for Outstanding
Workplace Practices in Nigeria” as well asthe Most Outstanding
Microfinance Bank in ICT Usage at the Africa Digital Forum& Awards
Job Title: Talent Acquisition Specialist
ACCION Microfinance Bank (AMfB) is recruiting to fill the position of Talent Acquisition Specialist
Job title: Talent Acquisition Specialist
Reports to: Head, Human Resources
Division: Human Resources
Job type: Permanent
Expected Start Date: 1st September, 2015
job holder is responsible formanaging the end-to-end talent acquisition
process (planning, sourcing,selection, hiring, pre-joining) for all
positions across the Bank. The involvesdeveloping appropriate sourcing
strategies resulting in optimum utilization ofresources and reduction in
recruitment cost while focusing on hiring qualitytalent and building a
diverse talent pool for future business hiring needs.
- Recruit and screenapplicants– Receive hiring request from
supervisor. Communicate with supervisor as neededto determine the
required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position.Determine the
best recruitment and selection techniques based on this data. Interview
qualified applicants to narrow theapplicant pool. Refer qualified
applicants to appropriate supervisor uponcompletion of screening
process. Ensure compliance with all labour laws.
- Develop recruitmentplans and coordinate recruitment activities –
Determine the required knowledge,skills and abilities for the position
to be filled. Develop the best method to achieverecruitment goals such
as placing ads, coordinating media to be used, attendingjob fairs, etc.
Document responses to recruitment methods in order to monitorand track
- Ensure strong employerbrand –Build strong internal and external
relationships resulting in increasedemployer branding and
awareness.Maintainan up to date “Profile Bank” to fulfil any potential
requirements within theleast possible timeframe.
- Optimizethe use of social media for passive candidate sourcing and
proactively buildinga robust candidate pipeline for frequent and
- Prepare recruitment reports to keep tab on costs involved, timelines for recruiting etc.
- Work on improving employee experience by promoting company career growth initiatives, encouraging referrals etc
- Extend offer ofemployment– Extend offer of employment contingent
upon pre-employment medical screenresults, applicant background check
and reference checks. Extend written offerof employment, coordinate
employment start dates, address new hire questionsand concerns, and
confirm salary and benefits for new employees.
- Conduct employeeorientation– Schedule and coordinate new employee
orientation sessions. Communicate andexplain organizational policies,
practices and procedures. Address any employeequestions or concerns.
Developorientation methods as needed.
- Counsel managers – Advise managers ofappropriate selection
techniques and evaluation methods. Review managerialhiring decisions to
ensure compliance with labour laws and regulations. Communicate with
managers throughout theselection and evaluation process and provide
guidance as needed.
- Coordinate employeetransfers and separations – Communicate with
employees and managers to determine anddocument reasons for separation.
Ensure that all labour laws are abided by. Scheduleand conduct exit
interviews. Maintain and analyse turnover records. Communicate
separation trends tomanagement. Complete annual turnoverreports.
- Ensure validity ofrequired tests– Ensure tests are related to a
job’s required knowledge, skills and abilities.Document test results to
verify validity and maintain records in order toanalyse validity of
data. Perform statistical analysis and authorise internalselection
methods based on confirmed validity.
Qualification and Experience:
Degrees & Education
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resource/Industrial Relations or any related discipline
- Professional Certification from CIPM, HRCI or CIPD would be an advantage.
Knowledge & Experience
- Ability to articulate ACCION Microfinance Bank’s employment value proposition
- Able to work in a fast paced business environment and deliver withintight deadlines
- Minimum of 5 years working experience, of which 3 years MUST be in
conducting end to end recruitment for entry level to high profile
positions in the telecoms, and /or financial services industry.
- Proven research and analytical skills and ability to make recommendations based on information gathered and sound judgement.
- Demonstrated experience in applying leading recruitment practices
and competency/behavioural based assessment techniques and adept with
using a variety of recruiting technologies to source talent.
- Experience in servicing Service Level Agreements
- Experience in working with recruitment agencies, external parties andcandidates direct in terms of attracting talent
- Communication skills
- Customer Relationship Management
- Very competitive and attractive, depending onqualification and experience (N3.0m– N6.0m per annum)
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their resume to email@example.com