Hotel Job for Guest Service Agent
African Sun Amber Residence situated in the Highbrow area of GRA Ikeja,
Lagos, is one of the leading
and fastest growing hotel and leisure
groups in Africa with business and resort destinations throughout
Ghana, Nigeria and Zimbabwe.
From the world famous Victoria Falls
Hotel, which is part of the leading hotels of the world to the Holiday
Inn and Crowne Plaza in Harare.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Guest Service Agent
Industry: Hospitality / Leisure / Travels and Administration & Office Support
Company Activities: Hospitality
Qualifications and Requirements
- The successful candidate must have at least three years Guest
Service agent experience that must include handling of large group
- The successful candidate must have solid knowledge of Microsoft
Office and general computer applications. Knowledge of OPERA
Information, Technology and Communication (ITC) would be an added
- The successful candidate must have at least an ND or University Degree in any related discipline.
- The successful candidate must be customer centric and have a
very good relationship management skill that must include the ability to
deal with all guests service situations while continually ensuring
guest’s satisfaction is obtained in the Residence.
- The successful candidate must have proven supervisory skills
which should include the ability to motivate and mentor colleagues for
- The successful candidate must have excellent command of the English language is essential, both written and verbal.
- The successful candidate should be person that pays attention to details and have excellent organizational skills.
- The successful candidate should be able to work with little supervision and must be self motivated.
- The successful candidate must be able to work under pressure and stressful situation.
- Assist the Front Office Manager in ensuring the smooth and
efficient overall day to day operations of the Front desk including
- Assist in the supervision and preparation of function sheets
with the delivery and execution of guest welcome letters and profile
- Review guest special requests and ensure they are met or exceeded.
- Working with all departments in the Residence to ensure we meet
or exceed guests’ expectations and all guests’ billing is accurate and
up to date at time of departure.
- Act as a liaison with the Sale’s team, Food & Beverage, Facility and Housekeeping teams to ensure clear communication.
- Assist in the administration and management of the Front Office, including but not limited to scheduling.
- Engage each guest as a unique individual and listen attentively to their requests
- Perform accurate check-ins and check-outs of guests daily
- Provide excellent customer service per the standards of the Residence, and assist in situations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ensure guest requests, inquiries and concerns are addressed and completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the Department adheres to company’s policies,
procedures and standards as specified in the company’s Standards and
Operation Manual (SOP).
- Answer the telephone in a timely and professional manner
- Make reservations over the phone and in person
- Run daily reports to check reservations for accuracy and identify any special requests
- Responsible for a cash float throughout your shift and ensuring it balances correctly at the end of shift
- Anticipate and address guest’s service needs
- Listen to guest’s complaints or concern and resolve their issue in a timely manner
- Promote a safe working environment
- Assist in providing staff with ongoing coaching, training and development.
- Coordinate Residence emergency procedures within the scope of defined plans.
- Engage in the preparation and rendition of returns, reports and other assignments as required by Management.
- Performs any additional tasks which are assigned by management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their resumes & scanned copies of their credentials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send to the following address:
The Human Resources Officer
Africa Sun Amber Residence Limited,
16 Esugbayi Street,
Deadline 5th September, 2015.