IITA Job Vacancy in Ibadan
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is an
international non-profit agricultural
organization established in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees,
member of the CGIAR Consortium. Our R4D approach is anchored on the
development needs of the tropics. We work with partners to enhance
crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks,
and generate wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100
internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900
nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable
candidates for the position below at the Institute’s Headquarters in
Job Title: Quality Control Supervisor
Ref No: IITA-HR-NRS2015-043
- Have experience in Aspergillus microbiology research
- Have good organizational, communication skills.
- Be able to work under pressure.
- Be available to work
- Be able to build, coordinate and work in teams.
- Be able to follow instructions and work independently where necessary.
- Have good interpersonal relations.
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following:
- Assist with timely production of inoculum for aflasafe production:
- Assist with coordinating microbiology activities in the laboratory:
- Assist with proper data entry in lab books and on pathology network:
- Assist with culture/isolate storage appropriately:
- Prepare draft standard operating protocols for laboratory methods with scientists:
- Provide assistance/guidance to visiting students/scientists:
- Ensure quality control of sorghum grains before and after aflasafe production:
- Ensure the purity of aflasafe strains before aflasafe production:
- Ability to identify Aspergillus species using standard protocols:
- Ability to identify other contaminants on aflasafe on the final product:
- B.Sc in Microbiology/Plant Pathology/Crop Protection with at
least four (4) years experience in a microbiology research laboratory.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive
fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed
curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format.
The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of
three professional referees which must include either the Head of
applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s
direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline 2nd September, 2015.