The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is the largest
humanitarian network in the
world. Its mission is to alleviate human
suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity
during armed conflicts and other emergencies. It is present in every
country and supported by millions of volunteers. The “Movement” is made
up of the following components: the International Committee of the Red
Cross, the National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and the
International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Storekeeper
- Assists the Warehouse Manager in the discharge of his duties.
- Ensures the maintenance of the warehouse as well as its –
infrastructure (pallets, shelving, electricity and water supply,
lighting, air conditioning).
- Ensures stock is in order, free from pest infection, clean and secure.
- Ensures that no goods are stored directly on the ground.
- Ensures daily adjusting of the Thermostat to maintain the adequate temperature at all times.
- Ensures that bin cards are attached to all batches.
- Receives and carefully inspects items delivered by suppliers or ICRC Geneva.
- Is responsible for proper and careful storage of items in the
warehouse and for packing end distribution from ICRC Maiduguri warehouse
to the field.
- Identifies and delivers independently monthly and periodical inventories recorded on stock cards.
- Participate in the monthly and yearly inventory and is
accountable for all discrepancies between actual and recorded stock
balances on stock cards.
- Organises and controls movement of goods IN & OUT and maintains accurate records.
Required Qualification and Experience
- High School Certificate
- Good computer skills
- Good team-spirit
- Ability to work under pressure
- 1-3 years similar work experience
- Good command of written and spoken English language
- Very good command of Hausa language.
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work
- Ability to work independently, capacity to take initiatives, ability to integrate changes in a fast paced environment
- Good communication skills
- Organized, punctual and reliable
- Sound ability to apply ICRC rules and working procedures
How to Apply
Interested and qualified should send application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org
ICRC, No 7 Bifam Road,
Off Circular Road (Damboa Junction),
- Please clearly indicate “Medical Storekeeper Maiduguri” as the subject of your application.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 1st September, 2015.