Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners is a business advisory
and market intelligence
services firm. Our objectives are to assist
organizations to achieve their growth aspirations by
intelligence, strategy blueprint, IT solution delivery expertise and
business operation improvement capabilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Linux Server Administrator
- The successful candidate will help manage 300+ servers running
SOLARIS, Linux operating systems for administrative and telecom
- Install software, apply patches, manage file systems, monitor
performance and troubleshoot alerts from commercial, open source and
locally developed monitoring tools.
- Liaison with Application Owners and interact directly with them to negotiate solutions and implementation specifics.
- Technical support and general troubleshooting.
- Manage servers running on Solaris.
- System failure analysis and recovery; insuring the consistency and integrity of file systems.
- Business continuity planning from Infra Prospective side.
- Hardware/software configuration; and management.
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science/ Electronic
Engineering/ Technology related field and relevant LINUX/UNIX
- 3+ years of experience administering and supporting an enterprise class multi-tier UNIX environment
- Advance knowledge of UNIX development and programming methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of LINUX is desirable.
- Knowledge of ZFS, UFS and VXFS file systems.
- Knowledge of SUN cluster.
- A solid understanding of servers running on Solaris and Linux operating systems.
- Advanced knowledge of Solaris is desirable.
- Ability to write UNIX shell scripts and procedures to automate administration tasks.
- Good administration skills on ZFS and VXVM.
- Ability to Support 300+ servers in a 24×7 data center (ex: Stand By Duty).
- Manage and lead hardware and software migration and upgrade efforts of varying size and complexity.
- Ability to work and troubleshoot ZFS, UFS, VXFS file systems.
- Ability to work on Solaris and Veritas Cluster services.
- Ability to tune the OS according to application requirement to increase the performance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com using the job title as subject of the mail.
Deadline 12th August, 2015.