New Abuja Vacancy at ABT Associates
Abt Associates – The International Health Division is committed to the
improvement of health and
healthcare delivery around the world. Serving
both the public and private sectors, our efforts include
research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health
finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies
that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with
special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Finance & Contract Manager
Req Id: 28942
- Abt Associates is in search of a Senior Finance & Contract Manager to join the International Health Division.
- The Partnership for Transforming Health Services, Phase 2
(PATHS2), a DFID-funded program in Nigeria, aims to improve the
planning, financing and delivery of sustainable and replicable pro-poor
health services for common health problems, focusing on two states and
the federal government.
- The Senior Finance & Contract Manager / Senior Finance
Manager will be based in Abuja and will be responsible for the financial
management, accounting, budgeting, procurement, acquisitions and
financial reporting of the PATHS2 project.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Directly manages and oversees the financial management,
accounting and procurement team of the PATHS2 project (Abuja
accountant(s), cashier(s) and procurement specialist(s)
- Reviews and approves all check requests and documentation
- Responsible for the management and control of petty cash
payments, controls and procedures, including preparation and
certification of the monthly cash count.
- Assists in internal and external audits
- Creates and maintains financial reporting and tracking systems
providing data measurements on financial performance of project and
- Prepares budgets and revenue plans for project programming and corporate reporting.
- Serves as project’s contact with client on finance issues.
Assist the NPM and the DNPM with negotiations with client on contract
issues and actions and follow up on client requests and concerns.
- Develops and implements accounting and reporting systems for
project expenditures, and provides guidance and training to project
staff and partners on financial procedures
- Indirectly manages and oversees the financial management,
accounting and procurement team of the PATHS2 state offices in Enugu and
Lagos to ensure consistency in PATHS2 financial management and
accounting procedures and implementation.
- Provides training to field staff on project financial procedures
as well as building skill-levels of project staff in the area of
finance and budgeting.
- Responsible for oversight, preparation, and submission of
integrated financial reports for the entire PATHS2 operation in Nigeria
for both client reporting and Government of Nigeria reporting
- Serves as the primary point of contact for all major project
banking transactions; reviews monthly bank reconciliation for submission
with the monthly Remote Office Voucher (ROV).
- Responsible for oversight, preparation, and submission of the
Remote Office Voucher (ROV) to Abt International Accounting department
in the US, including all receipts invoices field expense reports,
reimbursements, both electronically and in original form with full
complete accurate original documentation of all field-based costs.
- Prepares budgets, including the review and finalization of
projects’ monthly cash flow projections from each of the state office
and prepares monthly wire transfer requests to ensure that the project
maintains adequate funds for all technical operations. The Senior
Finance Manager also confirms receipt of all Abt cash transfers and
monitors availability of funds in Petty Cash accounts to support all
field based operations.
- Monitors and strictly enforces travel advances, issuing and reimbursement procedures for all local staff and expats.
- Reviews purchase orders/purchase requisitions to ensure terns and conditions are met and value for money in vendor selection
- Reviews and tracks the completeness and accuracy of all vendor
and consultant invoices, bills and other financial claims made against
the PATHS2 project in the normal course of business.
- Regularly reviews and assesses field financial procedures and
reports any discrepancies or changes. Enforces strict adherence to the
PATHS2 project’s authority matrix
- Implement financial and administrative policies and procedures that meet project needs and corporate and client requirements.
- Oversees field staff payroll preparation and controls. Prepares
and/or supervises the accurate, consistent and regular monthly
calculation and payment of PAYE and other payroll taxes deductions.
- Leads procurement efforts for the project, selection and
negotiation with vendors, and management of subcontractors on project.
Ensures value for money in all procurement actions
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Bachelor’s Degree (required) or Master’s Degree (desirable), in
Accounting, Finance, Business, Management, or other relevant field.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, initiative, and good judgment.
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems.
- Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while
addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused
on long-term deadlines and strategy.
- Five or more years of international project management experience, preferably in West Africa.
- Experience with DFID is a plus.
- Experience in Nigeria is a plus.
- 12 years of relevant professional experience in project
management, contract administration, financial management, and/or
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Successful track record as financial manager.
- Experience successfully managing sizable staff.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Experience in project implementation.
- Excellent writing, computer, management and organizational skills.
How to Apply
Click here to apply online