Project Manager Job in a Petrochemical company Lagos
Mass Staffing Projects is a ‘Specialist Recruitment Agency’ that as the name suggests, focuses on
mass hiring solutions. Mass Staffing Projects does Contract Staffing & Temporary Employment Services (TES) as well as Permanent Recruitment, mainly on large projects for our clients who require a large amount of quality staff, quickly.
Job Title: Project Manager
Mass Staffing Projects – Lagos, NG
An international Petrochemical company is looking for a Project Manager.
Minimum Qualifications And Experience
• Bachelor in engineering or equivalent
• Management skills training
• Project management training
• Relevant offshore training
• Minimum of 10 year experience in worldwide offshore projects, of which at least 3 years in an engineering position and 3 years in a project management position
• Experience with other disciplines: labour relations, nautics, company management, commercial, conflict management, safety, environmental care, local authorities etc.
• Pipelay experience
• Entrepreneurial business sense
• Good knowledge of Company Management System (CMS) ensuring compliance to quality, safety, health, environment and safety (QHSES) requirements
• Capable to motivate and manage people
• Good knowledge of the English language, both written and spoken
• Independent and stress resistant
• People knowledge
• Prepared to travel and work irregular hours
• Responsible for multi-disciplinary installation projects
• Timely completion of projects in accordance with contractual, legislative, regulatory, company, commercial requirements
• Efficient execution of projects making effective use of company and subcontractor’s resources and personnel
• Project performance w.r.t. quality, safety, health, environment and safety (QHSES)
• Financial result of project
• Safeguarding client’s and company’s interests
• Setting-up and leading project team
• Motivation of project team members
• Coaching and supervising project team members
• Promoting of and ensuring adherence to company policy
• Project management in accordance with company standards
• Communication and co-operation within project team
• Day-to-day communication with vessel (barge master, superintendent)
• Communication with client
• Liaising with Procurement co-ordinator
• Representing company and project team
• Contract management
• Set-up and maintenance of project document control and filing system
• Distribution of project information, standards and criteria
• Preparation and control of project plan(s), project budgets, project planning (for preparation and execution phase)
• Planning of project resources
• Defining project requirements for vendors / subcontractors
• Ensuring that project activities are performed in accordance with Company Management System (CMS)
• Project reporting during preparation phase (engineering budget, progress and technical)
• Project reporting during execution phase (progress, areas of concern, technical, contractual, financial, QHSES etc.)
• Monitor technical, operational, QHSES, financial performance and intervene when required
• Management of installation and construction subcontractors during preparation phase
• Identification and reporting of project related areas of concern to client and general manager
• Project close-out and evaluation, including proposing follow-up actions
• Stimulating and realising optimisation and improvements in his area of responsibility
• Act as sole point of contact for external parties (client, subcontractors) during preparation phase
• Allocate project team members to project tasks
• Check progress and quality of work of other disciplines / departments contributing to the project
• Approve project requisitions
• Sign commitments within project budget
• Approve and commit subcontracts
• Attend staff appraisals of project team members
Apart from a competitive salary package with numerous fringe benefits, we offer attractive terms and conditions.
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 086 605 3312. You can also contact Lindy on 021 555 0432.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Mass Staffing Projects offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Mass Staffing Projects.
Mass Staffing Projects also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at email@example.com with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential.
or email us: oilandgas.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za
How to Apply