The World Bank,
a member of the World Bank Group, is a vital source of financial and
assistance to developing countries around the world. Our
mission is to fight poverty with passion and professionalism for
lasting results and to help people help themselves and their
providing resources, sharing knowledge, building capacity
and forging partnerships in the public and private sectors.
The World Bank Group is launching a recruitment drive aimed at
increasing the number of Sub Saharan Africans in its work force. This
commitment to hire Sub Saharan Africans reflects the Bank Group’s
senior leadership commitment for a diverse workforce in which African
nationals can play a key role in fighting poverty and increasing
shared prosperity. Employment opportunities will be in various
technical areas and professional streams for talented and diverse
young professionals and mid-career level professionals to contribute
and grow their skills in a career in international development.
A career with the World Bank Group offers a unique opportunity for
exceptionally talented individuals with a passion for international
development to contribute to solving some of the world’s most pressing
problems. Bank staff work with governments, civil society groups, the
private sector, and others in developing countries around the world,
assisting people in all areas of development, from policy and strategic
advice to the identification, preparation, appraisal, and supervision
of development projects.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Legal Officer
- The World Bank Group relies on legal professionals to deliver on
our mission in several areas, including IFC investment transactions.
- IFC’s in-house Counsel play a critical role in investment teams
by providing legal advice on debt and equity transactions, including
structuring, preparing documentation, participating in negotiations, and
managing relationships with outside counsel.
- IFC offers legal professionals a rewarding and challenging
career with exposure to different transaction structures, sectors and
markets, and an opportunity to contribute to private sector development.
- The International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the
World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused
on the private sector.
- IFC finances investments, mobilizes capital in international
financial markets, facilitates trade, helps clients improve social and
environmental sustainability, and provides technical assistance and
- Law degree and qualification to practice law in one or more jurisdictions
- At least 8 years of demonstrated experience in a law firm,
financial institution, development institution or corporate environment
- Experience in cross-border transactions involving debt and/or
equity and ability to independently handle complex corporate and
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please click the link above to
submit your application. You will be prompted to log in to the “Member
Center” or “Create a New Account”. Please fill in all fields, answer the
screening questions if any, attach your resume or CV, and submit your
Statement of Interest (no more than 700 words).
- A select number of candidates will be interviewed in September and October 2015 in Washington, D.C. and locations in Africa and Europe.
- Those applications that were not selected for interview during
this campaign will be kept on file for up to one year and may be
considered for future opportunities.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline 31st August, 2015.