The American University of Nigeria (AUN) was established in 2003. The
Institution was conceived as Africa’s first Development University, and
is in the process of setting up a Faculty of Law.
In furtherance of
regulatory requirements, the University invites applications from
persons to fill position for its planned Law Program.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position of:
Job Title: French Teacher
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Department: AUN Elementary School
Summary of Position
- This position is local position and opens to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- Develop and implement lesson plans that meet the requirements of
the curriculum/syllabus program in accordance to the guidelines of the
- Establish effective teacher – pupil, teacher – parents’
relationship and communicate with parents to discuss pupil’s growth and
interpret school program.
- Evaluate each pupil’s performance in terms of academic and social growth.
- Provide pupils with appropriate learning activities to help
fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical and social
- Prepare reports on pupils as required by the administration.
- Maintains professional competence by personal growth.
- Teach Art and Music to children ages 2-12.
- Use of appropriate teaching style, material/equipment to strengthen the learning process of the pupils.
- B.ED or BA in French, PGDE preferred.
- 5 years of experience in teaching French in a multi-cultural environment.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English Language and French Language.
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Ability to be a Role model.
- Passion for teaching and love for children.
- Ability to create a healthy classroom environment.
- Experience teaching young children.
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV/resumes, cover letters and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Deadline 18th September, 2015