people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With
joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a
part of something big.
At MainOne, great ideas and thoughts find a way of becoming great
products, services that turn to great customer experiences. We are
perfectionists, idealists and pioneers of great products and services
forever thinking of better.
We have corporate offices from Nigeria to Ghana to Portugal. International and home opportunities are available.
MainOne is a family. Join in and be a part of the change and the
future that will bring about new ways the continent works and connects.
Job Title: Application Developer
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies:
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or Equivalent
- 1-3 years’ relevant post NYSC experience required
- Problem Solving
- Self-management skills
- Team work
- Customer Service
- Proficiency in MS Office & Products
- Knowledge of MSSQL, MySQL, Drupal, SharePoint Server 2013, WordPress.
- Object Oriented Design.
- Knowledge of Shell scripting, Linux Ubuntu OS environment.
- Knowledge of C#, PowerShell, Java and PHP programing language.
- Analytical Thinking
- Software Development Skill
Application Developer will deploy and administer the company wide
SharePoint Enterprise portal server in MainOne. The Developer shall also
be responsible for developing software to meet the immediate needs of
the business whenever it is cheaper and time effective to do so compared
to buying and off the shelf software
Other responsibilities include:
- Automate business processes
- Ensure the business maximize the use of SharePoint for application development and business collaboration.
- Design solution based on SharePoint Enterprise platform if possible.
- Select a vendor in cases where is more economical to buy software.
- Document all software solutions developed.
- Manage the backend of the corporate website.
- Develop applications that may not be SharePoint dependent.
- Develop mobile applications where necessary for business process automation.
- Carry-out research and development.
- Monitor SharePoint Server health and make necessary changes to ensure the server is always available.
- Gather initial user requirements.
To work directly under the supervision of BI and Applications Lead
Contacts. Under the supervision of the Manager, you will be required to
liaise and interface with other groups/departments within the company,
as well as the external IT support organisations
Demand on the job
Ability and willingness to work round the clock when required, and meet tight deadlines.
How to Apply