Cargo Operator Needed
Edwin Drake is an Oil and Energy recruitment consultancy born from
the desire to create a consultancy specifically focused on the Oil &
Gas industry in Sub-Saharan Africa; driven by
with successful careers within the region. We are part of a
group of Recruitment Companies, who like us all
individually specialise in specific disciplines, offering a refined and
tactile recruitment process defined by the distinguished characteristics
of our particular markets.
In the various geographical
locations we operate within, we specialise in supporting strategically
chosen clients in providing the strongest domestic professionals to
champion local content requirements as well as experienced international
professionals with previous exposure of succeeding in the particular
region in question.
We currently provide our services for both
permanent as well as contract campaigns to a variety of Large/Super
Independents and Indigenous Operators across the following technical
• Petroleum Engineering
• Drilling Engineering & Well Operations
• Topside Engineering/EPIC
Drake have made a significant investment into the latest technology and
recruitment tools to allow our consultants to work efficiently and
provide a comprehensive service to our clients.
Job Title: Cargo Operator
Listing InfoWe are currently representing an
International oil corporation who operate numerous of deepwater and
shallow-offshore assets, at various development stages.
They Are Now Seeking To Identify An Cargo Operator Who Can Join Their Team On Matters Including1) Process
- Start up, Operate, Monitor and Shut Down Process and Utility Systems.
- Monitor, maintain and optimize process parameters (Level, flow, temperature, pressure etc) within operating
- Trouble shoot to maximize sales quality and delivery volume to identify problems.
- Monitor and operate electrical/hydraulic control panels, safety and emergency shutdown devices, Fire and Gas
- Ensure accurate production reporting is submitted daily or as required by company and client.
- Witness third party calibrations when appropriate to provide verification of meter factors and volumes.
- Implementing and enforcing NMA policies and procedures in particular Isolation Standards, and PTW.
- Ensure personnel understand and comply with current environmental regulations.
- Carry out Emergency Response role
- Carry out all operations in safe and environmentally sound manner.
- Report all discharges, leaks, spills, injuries, and incidents, immediately.
- Assist maintenance operations by applying/removing isolations as required.
- Supervise operation of PTW system.
- Advise maintenance personnel on hazards of plant and equipment.
- Maintain clear and precise communications during maintenance operations.
4) Manage & Supervise Effectively
- Coordinate activities and resources across teams or shift.
- Contribute to training and assessment of personnel.
- Efficiency improvement and pursue company goals.
- Create and maintain effective working relationships
- Control activities and development of subordinate personnel.
- Record and report on personnel development/appraisals and competence assessments as required.
Units Of Competence
- Prepare process and utility systems for remote operation
- Remotely operate and monitor process and utility systems
- Monitor and maintain pollution control measures
- Manage and Supervise Effectively
- Carry out Emergency Response role
- Prepare process and utility systems for shutdown
- Isolate and reinstate process and utility systems for maintenance and repair
- Contribute to control of critical situations and respond to emergencies
Pre-hire Qualifications And Experience
- 8 years minimum in Hydrocarbon processing operations with 2 years as CCRO and appropriate mix of
- operational and supervisory experience.
- Offshore Personal Survival, Management of Major Emergencies, Medical certificates.
- Good level of troubleshooting and operations knowledge including interpretation of P&IDs and C&E charts.
- Extensive knowledge of offshore FPSO operations, including Production, Maintenance, Engineering and Safety.
- Extensive knowledge of DCS and F&G systems operation
Personal: Conscientious, flexible, versatile and determined. Capable of assertive and positive communication and performance.
leadership skills. Good levels of written and spoken communication in
English language. Clear understanding of behavioral and logistical
Technical: High standard of
technical and professional knowledge as defined by competences. Good
knowledge of DCS/SCADA systems. Some knowledge of cargo handling and
marine utility systems where appropriate for position.
IT: Practical familiarity with standard ‘Office’ software package. Operation and use of Internet and electronic mail system.
Minimum Unlimited OOW – Officer of Watch Marine License
Â· Marine operations – Oil and Gas Cargo Handling
Have working knowledge of applicable marine international regulations,
including but not limited to MARPOL, SOLAS, and ISGOTT. Be sufficiently
familiar with these regulations to play an effective part in
safeguarding the interests of Company and its employees
Â· Maintain FCC cargo operation watch as required by Cargo Supervisor and FSO Manager’s standing orders.
As an FCC watchstander, must be completely familiar with the FSO’s FCC
monitoring and safety systems, the cargo and ballast system, including
the refrigeration and liquefaction plant, and have the knowledge to lay
out cargo for loading and export operation
Â· He should be able to
handle routine traffic situations, such as when vessel traffic too close
to the FSO threatens mooring arrangements, with occasional reference to
their seniors and would show good judgment in calling the FSO manager
before an unusual situation becomes critical.
Â· The Cargo Operator
would know when a change of FCC watchkeeping mode was required, and put
steps in motion to respond to the need. The FSO Manager should advise
the officer of the FSO manager’s own specific directives when required
How to Apply