NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables more than 550 million transactions daily across the retail,
financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology industries. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier.
Job Title: Customer engineer
NCR – Lagos, NG
About NCR Corporation NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a global technology company leading how the world connects, interacts and transacts with business. NCR’s assisted- and self-service solutions and comprehensive support services address the needs of retail, financial, travel, hospitality, gaming, public sector, telecom carrier and equipment organizations in more than 100 countries. NCR (www.ncr.com) is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia.
Position Summary & Key Areas Of Responsibility
• Position responsible for installation, maintenance and repairs on equipment within an assigned territory/region to assure continuity of customer operations and high levels of customer satisfaction
• Responsible for ownership of customer problems or incidents until the situation has been resolved to the customers satisfaction and or in compliance with agreed upon Service Level Agreements
• Required to perform work on products and services of low complexity, specifically financial/ATM products; Make minor repairs and replace components on Tier I equipment such as PCs, workstations and peripherals, printers, front-end POS systems, First Line Maintenance on ATMs and kiosks, and single pocket proof encoders
• Responsible for assisting in site preparation, including installation of cable, staging of equipment, and minor testing of equipment; May also perform required modular swaps and unit replacements
• Customer Engineer responds to all customer concerns or problems by resolving them or by escalating them to the proper associate, team member, territory manager, or the Control Tower
• Build working relationships with customers and develop informal communication channels with customer account at the local level; Represents NCR in a manner that reflects positively on the image and reputation of the company
• Performs periodic preventative maintenance on assigned products; Diagnoses problems, makes minor repairs, and replaces components (at the module level); Follows appropriate security procedures when working with ATM’s and or within financial institution
• Responsible for all NCR assets that will be used in the delivery of customer services (i.e. tools, software, vehicles, documentation, and intellectual property), or as assigned by management; Maintain an appropriate parts inventory as well as parts record keeping
• Responsible for accurate and prompt reporting of calls and activity, as well as other reporting as required; Responsible for tracking and reporting all expenses incurred in the delivery of services, including telephone, private automobile, and/or public transportation
• Responsible for capturing detailed customer asset information and other data required to complete any invoicing or billing activities
• May be dispatched daily on a call-by-call basis or may establish his/her own daily schedule on the basis of automated reports
• May require prolonged travel, carrying and lifting tool kit/parts of varying weights (1- 50 lbs.); May require bending/squatting, walking/standing /sitting for prolonged periods; May be required to work on rotating shifts
• Ensure staff productivity measures are achieved; Work together with Call Center Staff via PDA to recover machines; Work together with Security Escort Officer
• Retail EPOS maintenance or install experience is required; Strong desktop hardware experience may be considered if EPOS experience is limited
Middle East and Africa (MEA)-Nigeria-Nigeria-Lagos
Sep 21, 2015, 11:00:00 PM
High School Diploma or equivalent
0-1 years of related experience
Ability to work with Microsoft Office suite; Experience on Windows XP, Windows 2000 operating systems required
Experience in PC Hardware Maintenance and support A+
Certification ITE or Polytechnic in Electronics and Communications Engineering
Associate’s Degree preferred
Previous experience in NCR or similar equipment is a plus
EEO Statement Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
How to Apply
Click here to apply online