Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks business with an
outstanding collection of international brands across spirits, wine and
beer. Our global priority brand portfolio consists of Smirnoff, Johnnie
Walker, Guinness, Baileys, J&B, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and many
Diageo trades in approximately 180 markets and employs over
25,000 talented people around the world. With offices in 80 countries,
we also have manufacturing facilities across the globe including Great
Britain, Ireland, United States, Canada, Spain, Italy, Africa, Latin
America, Australia, India and the Caribbean.
Our great range of
brands and geographic spread means that people can celebrate with our
products at every occasion no matter where they are in the world. This
is why ‘celebrating life every day, everywhere’ is at the core of what
Job Title: Wholesale Development Manager
Level: L6 (M3)
Reports To: Area Sales Manager
Guinness Nigeria operates a Total Beverage Business (TBB). A key
contributor to the success of the GNPLC strategic plan is an effective
& flexible field sales force demonstrating industry leadership in
both volume driving & brand building activity
This role is based in Northeast Nigeria.
Purpose of Role:
To support GNPLC’s business and commercial objectives through building
amazing relationships and the effective management of Wholesalers by
overseeing end to end all sales drivers activations, with a focus on
growing wholesaler capability.
- Achieve profitable volume targets (shipment and depletion) for
wholesaler(s) by driving sales to wholesalers and also ensuring sales
out of the wholesalers.
- Provide adequate training for warehouse management and basic stock
management principles – Achieve distribution targets and manage
Recommended Price Compliance in wholesalers, Wholesale loyalty program
outcomes fully delivered.
- Ensures regular monthly full business reviews with all wholesalers
with an effective wholesaler business review -Sales performances,
- Build profitable relationships with key wholesalers and ensuring they are strongly connected with Guinness Nigeria
- Brilliant execution of all the Sales drivers with all wholesalers
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Graduate with minimum of 2 years commercial expertise gained across
Sales, Consumer Marketing or Sales Management. Previous experience in a
direct customer facing role is also valuable.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Candidate must be healthy and physically fit.
- Must be an experienced driver with valid license
- Good commercial understanding- P&L literacy and strong numerical skills are required.
- Candidate must have good IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft office packages.
- Good communication skills –written and verbal. Suitable candidate must also be fluent in Hausa
Barriers to Success in Role:
- Inability to spend essential time in the Field with customers and consumers and working in a highly competitive environment.
- Unwillingness to flex schedule to align with business hours of retailers and distributors.
- Limited knowledge of the Northeast region
How to Apply