Federal University Lafia Recruits Vice-Chancellor
Federal University Lafia was established in February, 2011 with the
mandate to increase access to, and quality of, University education in
Nigeria. The University which currently has three (3) Faculties and
fourteen (14) academic programmes is poised for accelerated expansion of
The Governing Council of Federal University Lafia announces that the
position of Vice-Chancellor of the University will be vacant in February
2016. In accordance with the provisions of the Universities
Miscellaneous Provision Act 1993, as amended, the Governing Council
invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates
with experience in University administration for the post below:
Job Title: Vice-Chancellor
- The Vice-Chancellor is the Chief Executive and Academic Officer of the University.
- He/She is responsible for the academic, physical and
infrastructural development of the University through proper utilization
of resources of the University.
- The Vice-Chancellor ensures not only high-level academic and
moral discipline, but also adequate welfare for staff and students as
well as peace, stability and good governance in the University.
- In addition, the Vice-Chancellor establishes good relations with
external agencies and organisations, both national and international,
and attracts resources and benefactions for the University.
- Accordingly, the candidate must have been a Professor for at least seven (7) years.
- He/She should be innovative, capable of inspiring advancement of
learning, with a strong aspiration and commitment for providing
credible and effective leadership.
- He/She should also be an astute manager of resources.
- The candidate must have a good understanding of the vision and
mission of the University in its pursuit of academic excellence that is
Age of Applicants:
- Eligible candidates should not be more than sixty-five (65) years old at the time of assumption of office on February 16, 2016.
Condition of Service
Conditions of service are as applicable to the post of Vice-Chancellor
in Nigerian Federal Universities, as may be determined by the Federal
Government from time to time.
Tenure of Office
The Vice-Chancellor shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years.
How to Apply
Each applicant is required to submit twenty (20) copies of application
with twenty (20) copies of detailed Curriculum Vitae signed and dated by
the candidate and photocopies of credentials. The Curriculum Vitae is
to contain the following information:
- Full Name;
- Date of Birth;
- Permanent Home Address;
- Marital Status;
- Number of Children;
- Institutions attended (with dates);
- Academic Qualifications (with dates);
- Professional Qualifications (with dates);
- Institutions and Names of Ph.D Students/Fellows Supervised and dates graduated;
- Honours, Distinctions and Membership of Learned Societies and Professional Bodies;
- Outstanding publications, discoveries or inventions;
- Working experience in the University system giving names of institutions and dates;
- Details of administrative, fund-attraction and managerial experience in the University system;
- Specific services to local, national and international communities (with dates, institutions/establishments and status);
- Present employment, status, salary and employer;
- A statement of the candidate’s vision for the University in the next five (5) years in not more than 1000 words (20 copies);
- Extra-curricular activities; and
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees who should be
requested to forward their referee’s reports to the Registrar under
confidential cover, not later than the closing date of this
advertisement. Referees are please requested to state the strengths and
weaknesses of candidates.
Applications should be submitted in sealed envelopes, marked at the top
left corner, Application for the post of Vice-Chancellors, to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Federal University Lafia,
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be invited for interaction with the Joint Council and Senate Selection Board.
Deadline 26th October, 2015.