eHealth Africa is focused on improving healthcare by creating effective
ways to implement reliable health information management systems.
have developed eHealth and mHealth solutions that can be rapidly
deployed to manage patient
information, streamline clinical procedures,
and provide data and analysis on health program outcomes.
We are seeking to employ a suitable qualified candidate for the position of:
Job Title: Assistant Program Manager, Polio
Location: Kano, Nigeria
Department: Polio Program
Type: Full Time
- The Assistant Program Manager assists the Polio Program Manager
in oversees the coordination and administration of program operations,
including planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling
- Other responsibilities include supporting communications
activities, attending meetings, and assisting in partner coordination
and maintaining relationships with partner and donor agencies.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this
- Bachelor’s degree from college or university in Project Management or related field.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- Must have the ability to manage conflicts and resolve problems effectively.
- Good learning ability.
- Action oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment.
- Minimum of three years of experience in project management or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail.
- Must be able to work as a leader and member of a team and possess good problem solving skills.
- Must possess the ability to organize, instruct and supervise staff while promoting group effort and achievement.
- Strong writing and communications skills across a wide variety of audiences. Proactive and self
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide operations and coordination support for all projects under the Polio program.
- Monitors program activities to ensure quality and accuracy of work outcomes vis-à-vis contractual and grant commitments.
- Presents a professional demeanor at all times. Approaches others
in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with
respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative
team environment. ! Attends and participates in staff meetings,
training classes and supervision.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field
- Serves as a resource to project managers for all inquiries, and
issues resolutions for project management, contract budget and
remediation, and regulatory document preparation.
- Responsible for contract and financial management for programs. Ensures budgets are tracked against contract milestones.
- Participates in long- and short-term program development and
planning, and the development of new initiatives to support the
strategic direction of the organisation.
- Develops and effectively manages program timelines to ensure timely completion of program deliverables.
- Ensures compliance with laws and regulations.
- Writes reports on the program for management and for funders.
- May frequently travel between company worksites.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organisation’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints
and resolving problems.
- Supervises assigned Project Management staff.
Certifications and Licenses:
- A Project Management (PMI) certification is preferred.
- First Aid and Health & Safety qualifications desirable
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
- English is the spoken and written language. Fluency in Hausa is desirable.
- Ability to read, analyse, proof and edit documents, and
interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, employees, government officials,
partner agencies, and the general public.
- to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Math Ability / Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
How to Apply