Job Vacancy for News Editor at Technology Times Media Limited September, 2015
Technology Times Media Limited – We are pleased to inform you that
Technology Times Media Limited, publishers of Technology Times Hub on
technologytimes.ng, and other titles is expanding its print, online,
mobile, digital and other platforms.
We are looking for energetic and motivated Technology Writers to
complement our exciting editorial programmes to expand the scope, depth
and diversity of our coverage of the diverse segments of the Nigerian
technology industry, to fill the position of:
Job Title: News Editor
Your duties may also include:
- Assisting with the maintenance of official Technology Times social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, among others;
- Researching and writing technology and allied stories cutting across all human endeavour;
- Helping to engage readers in comments sections on-site and other platforms;
- Helping to engage readers on social platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, among others;
- Assisting the Editors and your colleagues on the Editorial Team with other social editorial projects as they may arise;
- Photography skills could also be an advantage.
- Persons without necessary computer skills need not apply.
- Technology Writers who wish to work part-time may also apply.
- Assisting with co-ordination of and social interaction during
live editorial events online and in real life – live chats, panel
discussions, among others;
- You are the one we want if you have the education, work or
practical experience in journalism, particularly the online genre; are
quite adept at multi-tasking and capable of working with minimal
- You must be keenly committed to accuracy in your reporting on
all our platforms; have strong writing skills; actively incorporate
social media in all aspects of your work as a writer and are extremely
enthusiastic about technology innovation, tech people, startups, tech
trends and tech newsmakers.
- Our new platforms will offer you an exciting career staff position with competitive benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their C.V.,
application letter, links to your editorial work online, links to your
professional social media accounts and two references to Head, Editorial
Team, Technology Times via email only to: email@example.com
Note: Applications that do not include a link to an active and relevant Twitter or Facebook account will not be considered
Deadline 30th October, 2015.