We are recruiting to fill the vacant position of:
Job Title: Junior Transmission Operations Engineer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Reporting Line: Manager Transmission Implementation & Third Lever Support
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent in Electrical/Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Ability to interpret topography, network design maps and AutoCAD Designs
- Ability to use E-Analyzer, SDH Analyzer and other signal testing tools/instrument without supervision.
- Knowledge of a vendor network management system
- 0-3 years experience in the configuration, operations and maintenance of optical fiber SDH and wireless network equipment.
- Good knowledge of the Nigerian telecommunication market and/or experience working in a telecommunications environment
- A working knowledge of microwave transmission and must have
undergone a mid-level training in optical and wireless networks with
focus on SDH/PDH/IP transmission standards/protocols and their
- Basic understanding of quality of service and network management concepts with respect to transmission networks is a must.
The Jnr. TX Ops Engineer will be responsible for the day to day
operations of the MainOne terrestrial network comprising of network
elements such as Huawei OSN series, Dragon Wave HC & HC+ and ECI
equipment within and outside Lagos metropolis.
Specifically his/her responsibilities shall also include:
- Assist troubleshooting and resolution of 1st and 2nd level network related problems.
- Respond to and resolve SDH & MW networks issues within the timeframe of severity level agreements
- Complete the projects objectives within timelines.
- Able to interpret, review and implement PDH and SDH networks designs from the core network planning team.
- Review and execute RPRs (re-provision requests) on DragonWave
HC+, Huawei OSN series (especially OSN3500, OSN500 & OSN8800) and
ECI box (BG-20 & BG-30) platforms with minimal supervision
- Support all aspects of the network management process assuring
requests, implementation, and problems are delivered as required with no
impact to the global communications.
- Deploy and document changes in accordance with problem and change management process
- Participate in managing projects introduced by engineering team
assuring full implementation and documentation standards are adhered to.
- Perform most effective approach to restore, recover, or alter configurations, logical or physical, to maintain service integrity
- Ensure that Main One’s global and metro fiber network documentation is always accurate and up to date.
Demand on the Job:
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and meet tight deadlines;
- Maybe required to work weekends.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- May be required to travel out of station.
How to Apply
Note: When the page opens, click on “Junior Transmission Operations Engineer”