Gilead Pharmaceutical Limited, is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Medical Director
- Be a qualified Medical Doctor with Post Basic Training in relevant fields.
- More than 3 years of experience preferably in Managerial positions.
- Be registered by the Medical Board and possess a valid practicing certificate.
- The Medical Director position will be responsible for upgrading
and maintaining the quality of medical care provided by health workers
in the facility as follows, Makes regular ward rounds, special teaching
rounds and inspection tours to observe professional services given and
the enforcement of hospital regulations.
- Assists in the supervision necessary to maintain high standards of general medical care and treatment in the hospital.
- Supervises the work of all medical staff and assists in the
coordination of their activities with those of nursing, clinical and
other auxiliary services.
- Arranges as necessary for consultation on difficult cases with medical authorities outside the hospital.
- Examines and treats patients requiring more difficult forms of medical treatment.
- Serves as a consultant to staff members on unusual or difficult medical problems.
- Trains and evaluates the performance of hospital staff and takes or recommends appropriate action.
- Assigns medical staff to shifts and posts including officer of
the day and weekend duty Providing specialist clinics for specific
conditions or for certain groups in the community i.e newborns
immunizations, Hypertension, Diabetic Refer Patients in case of problems
which cannot be solved at his/her level.
- The Medical officer will be required to make key decisions on referral of patients from the Hospital to other facilities.
- Review clinical records of patients to assure their adequate and
proper administration, Ensure health education is undertaken
periodically at the facility for the medical staff and maintain a
portfolio of CPD activities.
- Proper Management of relations with the overseas medical
volunteers and ensuring that the periodic surgical interventions are
- Plans and reviews the instruction of assigned residents, interns and other students.
- Presents recommendation to the Senior Management Team SMT) on
such matters as hospital policy, new forms of treatment, the need for
equipment, facilities, Personnel and budgeting.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 28th November, 2015.