Mikado Nigeria Limited Recruits Head of Engineering in Kwara
Mikado Nigeria Limited, the parent company of the Group has its origin
in the 80’s, was conceived by the entrepreneurial activities of the
founder “Michael Ojeme”. It was incorporated on the 3rd of November
1988, commenced business on the 1st of January 1989 and has embarked on a
and diversified expansion programme since inception.
The Mikado Group has gone on to grow very successful business in sectors
ranging from Electronic Security to Telecommunications, Traffic and
Transportation Management, Events Management, VAS Development, fragrance
and flavours distribution.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Head of Engineering
- Candidates should possess at least 9 years working experience in an engineering field.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in the Engineering fields.
- Candidates should be at least 35 years as at January 1st 2015.
- A Master’s Degree in a relevant engineering field would be an added advantage and candidates should be male.
- Confer with management, production, and marketing staff to discuss project specifications and procedures.
- Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Analyze technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
- Plan and direct the installation, testing, operation, maintenance, and repair of facilities and equipment.
- Direct, review, and approve product design and changes.
- Prepare budgets, bids, and contracts, and direct the negotiation of research contracts.
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the
engineering and technical work performed in the department or firm.
- Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing
reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, and making decisions
about the purchase of materials or services.
- Review and recommend or approve contracts and cost estimates.
- Present and explain proposals, reports, and findings to clients.
- Consult or negotiate with clients to prepare project specifications.
- Set scientific and technical goals within broad outlines provided by top management.
- Administer highway planning, construction, and maintenance.
- Direct the engineering of water control, treatment, and distribution projects.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate survey work with other staff activities, certifying survey work,
- Train and mentor other engineers and support staff
- Check technical accuracy of work.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com and the subject of the mail should be “Head of Engineering”.
Note: Only successful candidates would be contacted for interview.
Deadline: 9th October, 2015.