United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), Nigeria is supporting the
Government of Nigeria to strengthen prevention of and response all
forms of violence against children.
In particular, assistance will be
provided to strengthen the child protection system, including through
modelling the system in four States, in order to demonstrate the impact
of a well-functioning child protection system, to develop a common
model for operationalizing the Child Rights Act at State level and to
develop standardized tools, including regulations, working protocols
and training manuals to govern the system.
If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a
lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights
organization would like to hear from you.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: National Education Consultant – Review of the Child Friendly School – Implementation in Nigeria
VN No.: VN-NGR-61-2015
Type of Appointment: Special Service Agreement (SSA) for 3 months
- Advanced degree in Education, Social Sciences and or related discipline.
- Expertise in evaluating primary school education programs in Nigeria should be a requirement or distinct advantage.
- Fluency in English language is essential. Strong understanding of the
- Excellent conceptualization, analytical and writing skills.
- Experience in leading/working with a technical team in similar assignments and capturing their suggested recommendations.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in research/review design
and data processing and analysing, preferably familiarity of school
context, children and women indicators.
- More than 8 years’ progressive professional experience in the area of development research with the Nigerian Education system.
- Experience of conducting qualitative and quantitative project
evaluations in development environments. Vast experience in human rights
based approaches arid result based management would be an added
Purpose of the Consultancy
- The consultancy will assist the Education section in reviewing
the UNICEF supported Child Friendly School (CFS) programme to determine
the extent to which its objectives were accomplished drawing on the 2009
global CFS evaluation recommendations.
Major Tasks to be accomplished:
- Support Identification and review of related country studies and collect relevant information/data
- Ensure the formation of a task force group by government in
consultation with UNICEF comprising of federal and/or state officials
with desirable technical capacity to support the review process and
formulation of recommendation.
- Support the international consultant with key contacts, set up meetings, field visits and writing minutes of the meetings.
- Organise and participate in the field research process
- Organise the data compilation process
- Contribute to drafting parts of the report in liaison with the international consultant.
- Prepare report of the review process – consolidating federal and state level consultation and working group meeting reports
- Identify sample schools jointly in consultation with federal and state ministries of education and the task force.
- Contribute to and support the design, development and
finalisation of detailed methodologies and tools (including possible
discussion with focus groups and interviews with possible necessity for
- In liaison with UNICEF coordinate with the stakeholder taskforce
at Federal and state level to ensure necessary discussion and
suggestion of possible programmatic recommendations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should submit their application,
accompanied by updated CV’s in English and a completed United Nations
Personal History Form.
Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org Candidate are advised to put the Job Title on the Subject line of their email.
Click here to download United Nations Personal History Form
Deadline Tuesday, 13th October, 2015.