John Snow Incorporated (JSI) is a public health research and technical
assistant firm dedicated to
improving the health of individuals and
communities throughout the world. It manages the USAID/DELIVER PROJECT
and the Supply Chain Management System (SCMS) project in the Nigeria
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Health Care Waste Management Advisor
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Starting Date: 09/15/2015
- The HCWM Advisor will be an integral member of the AIDSFree
Nigeria project management team. This person will be responsible for
working to promote sustainable state-owned HCWM systems. The HCWM
Advisor will report directly to the AIDSFree Nigeria Chief of Party.
- Master’s Degree in Microbiology, Public Health, or other
relevant environmental health/engineering science field. Previous work
experience with international donor-funded programs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and interpersonal communications
- Ability to work with SMOH and Municipal/State waste management authorities
- Ability to work harmoniously as a member of a team
- Ability to design training materials and lead effective trainings
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English
- Proficient in spreadsheet and word processing and other software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Work with state governments to develop a state-level HCWM Policy.
- Work with focal persons at the health facility level to develop
functional facility-based HCWM plans including SOPs to ensure facilities
meet the minimum HCWM package.
- Assist in the review/revision of the injection safety training modules to include HCWM
- Facilitate HCWM trainings for the training consultants to
prepare to cascade the training material to the lower level health
- Facilitate the formation of functional IPC/HCWM Committees at all level of service delivery
- Lead development of short certificate course training materials for training institutions
- Contribute to documentation of project activities
- Work with AIDSFree Logistics Advisor and hospital management,
state hospital management authorities, and PEPFAR IPs to carry out needs
assessments and document consumption data for HCWM equipment and
- Engage in advocacy with CMDs/MDs of health facilities and
relevant policy makers at state/LGA levels to increase awareness on the
need to support budgeting for HCWM
- Work with USG IPs and state governments to identify and
implement practical, affordable, and effective means of waste handling
and final disposal for health care waste in accordance with WHO
- Perform any other duties as directed by the Chief of Party.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
How to Apply