The American University of Nigeria (AUN) was established in 2003. The
institution was conceived as Africa’s first Development University. Its
mission is to pioneer service learning and build leaders who will be
prepared to tackle societal concerns.
Located in Yola, Adamawa State,
the University is a world-class career-oriented institution missioned to
be an agent of change in the development of the region. AUN has a
strong commitment to providing the skills and the leadership essential
to solving the continent’s critical social and economic problems.
The University offers an American – style education modelled after
the curriculum of American universities with corresponding approaches to
teaching and students assessment. The first entering class of 124
students and 20 professors was enrolled in September 2005. In ten years,
AUN is fast becoming a model for other universities in Nigeria and West
JOB TITLE: Nurse
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Nurses at the AUN Clinic shall work with the team at the clinic
directly under the Chief Administrator AUN Clinic to provide clinical
and medical support for the doctor and to the patients at the AUN Clinic
to ensure the Health & Wellness of students and all other members
of the AUN Community. This is a full time position.
Description of Benefits:
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
- Nursing Certificate
- Capacity to prioritize by assessing situations to determine urgency.
- One(1) to three (3) years of direct work experience
- Basic Nursing Ethic
- Ability to undertake self-directed tasks when necessary.
- Valid License to practice/Nursing registration
- Flexible with time.
- Ability to learn
- Attention to detail.
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- knowledge of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills along with proper telephone etiquette
- Tactfulness and professionalism
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply professional medical principles, procedures, and techniques
How to Apply
Suitably qualified candidates should submit their resumes, cover letters and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
before the closing date of this publication. The position being applied
for should be the subject of the email. Only shortlisted candidates
will be contacted.
AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a
culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on
the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion
and marital status.
For information on AUN, visit our Web site at www.americanuniversitynigeria.org