Pacific Drilling Vacancy for 1st Engineer September, 2015
Pacific Drilling (NYSE: PACD) – With our best-in-class drillships and
highly experienced team, Pacific Drilling is a fast-growing company
committed to becoming the industry’preferred ultra-deepwater drilling
contractor. Since initiating construction of our first four rigs in
Drilling has grown into a successful, premium drilling
contractor with more than 1,500 employees and contracts with the
highest-quality clients in the industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: 1st Engineer
- The 1st Engineer is in charge and to act as a leader in
executing preventative / corrective maintenance tasks and ongoing
maintenance repairs to equipment pertaining to engine room and auxiliary
- The 1st Engineer coordinates the preventive/corrective maintenance tasks and ongoing maintenance repairs.
- He/she communicates daily with the Mechanical Supervisor and
Technical Superintendent to ensure maximum efficiency and preservation
of the assets onboard; and is responsible to ensure the accuracy of data
entered in the Computer Maintenance management System (CMMS) by all
persons in his/her department.
- He/she communicates on a daily bases with the other departments to plan maintenance to prevent non-productive time.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Act as a safety leader ensuring the ongoing identification of
hazards and the implementation of controls to manage the associated
risks with a special focus on Permit to Work and Isolation Procedures.
- Supervise and assist in completing the preventive and corrective
maintenance, repairs of hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical components
of Power Plant and related Auxiliary Systems, Dynamically Positioning
Equipment and Auxiliary Systems, Ballast and Bilge Systems, Remote
Operated Valve Systems, Boilers, Incinerators, Compressed Air Systems
and equipment including both Service Air and Starting Air, Emergency
Shutdown Systems, Safety Systems and Zero Discharge equipment, Lifeboats
and Fast Rescue Craft, Living Quarters and related Support Systems
- Under all circumstances maintain a minimum amount of spares onboard.
- Using the CMMS, coordinate planning and execution of preventive
maintenance with a minimum of 6 week overview to cover current hitch and
half of back to back hitch, keeping an updated and accurate historical
record of all maintenance done as well as equipment certification
- Inform Technical Superintendent and other department heads of
any technical problems or limitations that may affect safe operation of
- Liaise with Marine department.
- Ensure that all maintenance is planned, organized, supervised
and executed in accordance with and doesn’t interfere with well
programs, Pacific Drilling requirements and contractual obligations.
- Ensure all actitivites are carried out according to Flag, State, Class and contractual requirements.
- Ensure that members of the department have all necessary competencies and skills to perform.
Qualifications and Experience
- Five (5) years of offshore experience on a dynamically
positioned drilling vessel with a minimum of one year in the position of
Chief Engineer (US) or First Engineer (2nd Engineer Europe).
- Senior School certificate (SSCE)/ West Africa Examination
Council (WAEC)/ GCE O/L, OND in Nigeria is equivalent of 2 years
associate degree in U.S., while HND or BSc is for 4 years (with at least
- Nigerian In Country – resident
- Fluent English communication skills (both oral and written)
- An unlimited horsepower 1st engineer’s (2nd class motor)
license/certificate of competency, without limitations of horsepower,
issued by his/her National Maritime Administration in compliance with
the STCW Code.
- Valid STCW 78 (as amended) refresher certificates required to
maintain the “Certificate of Competency” (STCW A-III/2 2nd Class Motor).
- Extensive training and experience with electrical and hydraulic
systems on, or equivalent with, offshore floating deepwater 5th or 6th
generation rigs, including high voltage experience (1000V or higher)
- High School Diploma/GED
How to Apply