Sous Chef Needed at Bolton White Hotels & Apartments
Bolton White Hotels & Apartments is a leading firm in the
hospitality industry. We are dedicated to ensuring the comfort of our
guests. Our luxury accommodation in the heart of Garki and Wuse zone 7
in Abuja offers unparalleled guest services.
- To be totally customer focused by consistently delivering
excellent customer service with an informed, friendly and effective
- To assist with the control and ownership for the management of
the kitchen department within the overall policies and controls
established by the company and hotel General Manager, ensuring that the
brand values and standards are delivered and budgeted profitability
- To ensure at all times a high standard of cleanliness and
practices is maintained, thereby ensuring all statutory legislation is
- To implement the consistent delivery of superior customer service through the Customer Service Programme.
- To ensure that the department creates a professional impression to customers and team members.
- To review and act upon customer feedback relevant to your areas of responsibility.
- This to include customer complaints and compliments.
- To be fully aware of budgeted and actual departmental financial targets.
- This to include gross profits (food), stock levels and departmental profits.
- To produce and update business forecasts for your department where required.
- To control and monitor payroll costs by allocating labour
resources in line with forecasted and actual business levels, through
productivity ratios and payroll management.
- To be fully aware of and control departmental operating costs in line with forecasted business levels.
- To be fully aware of and assist with purchasing in department by effective use of S.A.P.
- To assist with ensuring food profit and other related targets for your departments are exceeded.
Specific Job Accountabilities:
- To ensure all stocks are stored and rotated correctly in line
with Food Safety requirements, following company policy to meet
statutory legislation. This to include recording temperature checks of
- To assist in ensuring the profitability of food operations and
Gross Profit management. This to include carrying out food stock-takes
- To follow all procedures and processes for food and beverage controls to meet company requirements.
- To cost menus as required.
- To assist with maintaining and improvement of departmental operating standards.
Growing the business:
- To positively approach sales opportunities in order to maximise sales revenue and
- exceed budgeted sales targets for the department.
- To assist with and suggest promotional opportunities to enhance
departmental sales to meet and exceed budget. This to include planning,
implementation and review of food promotions.
- To keep all department team members sales focused.
- To lead and motivate team members to create a team environment
which promotes good employee morale and ensures a high level of
commitment and pride in the hotel.
- o maintain effective communication within your team by holding
regular briefing sessions and attending hotel meetings when required.
- To supervise work of junior Chefs, including their use of dangerous equipment.
- To be responsible for ensuring departmental training is carried out to the standard required.
- To carry out quality planned training and development in a
systematic and professional way in order to meet the needs of the
business and assist in individual team members personal development. To
ensure training is recorded for all team members following the Company
- To assist with the compilation of the kitchen Training Plan to meet the hotel business objectives and develop team members.
- To assist with carrying out performance reviews for team members every six months, following company guidelines.
- To assist with the setting of clear objectives for departmental team members, linked with the hotel’s Business Plan.
- To assist with the recruitment of new departmental team members
up to supervisory level, in line with the Company Recruitment Policy.
- To continuously coach and counsel colleagues.
- To participate with reviewing training in meeting objectives.
- To assist with ensuring unacceptable behaviour and performance
is corrected, in line with the company disciplinary procedures, where
this forms part of your responsibilities.
Controlling the Environment:
- To supervise the department to ensure effective operation on a
day to day basis whilst maintaining company standards consistently, with
attention to detail. This to include ensuring shift controls and
procedures are adhered to.
- To assist with creating and updating standards manuals and cleaning schedules.
- To comply with your responsibilities under the Regulatory Reform
(Fire Safety) Order 2005 as detailed in the QMH Fire Safety Management
System, a copy of which can be found in the hotel or accessed on the
- To comply with statutory and company requirements for Health and
Safety, Risk Assessment, Disability and all employment legislation and
ensure all team members are trained accordingly.
- To implement action on Hygiene Audits in order to enhance the environment and achieve positive consistent results.
- To keep yourself informed of the hotel’s goals and objectives
and those of other departments, maximising the role you play in
delivering the hotel budgeted targets.
- To operate I.T. systems in line with company standards where required.
- To assist with ensuring the department actively maintains and
supports Investors in People procedures and practices in order to ensure
- To attend training when required.
- To be fully aware of and strictly adhere to Fire, Bomb and Health and Safety procedures.
- To adhere to all security procedures laid down by the hotel and company.
- To be fully aware of and comply with hotel and company rules and regulations as identified in the team member handbook.
Deadline: 16th September, 2015
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their applications and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with the job title as the subject.