If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate
about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading
children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
60 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and
territories to promote
children’s survival, protection and development.
The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries,
UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation,
quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of
children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded
entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses,
foundations and governments.
Job Title: Supply Manager, P-4
Vacancy No: E-VN-2015-002465
Duty Station: Abuja
Job Level: P-4
Application Close: 29-Sep-15
Contract Type: Long-term Staff (FT)
Purpose of the Position
the direct guidance of the Chief of Operations, the incumbent manages
the supply and logistics operations of a complex nature with significant
impact on programme delivery, services, supply and logistic, processes
and systems, requiring advanced professional technical mastery and
expertise in support of operations and programme objectives. Accountable
for effective planning, contracting, procurement, distribution,
inventory management of UNICEF’s supplies, in support of the Country
Key Expected Results
- Rapid and relevant responses provided to evolving supply needs and
situations, including emergency situations, with a priority on achieving
value for money.
- Effective procurement conducted to attain best overall value while maintaining product quality.
- Effective collaboration and partnership in
supply/procurements/purchasing/contracting/logistics with internal and
external counterparts developed and maintained through better
coordination, communication and networking.
- The highest level of integrity, standards and accountability
maintained by implementing sound, accurate supply/logistics management
systems, procedures and documentation as well as regular and accurate
- Technical leadership, support, coaching and training provided to
capacity-building in order to enhance efficient, effective and timely
delivery of supplies.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
University Degree in Business Administration, Management, International
Economics, Engineering, International Development, Contract/Commercial
Law or specialization in directly related areas including credited
courses in supply, logistics, purchasing or contracting. Equivalent
educational qualification in relevant areas (transport or logistics
operations/management, supply management, etc.).
- At least eight years progressive professional experience at national
and international level in supply, procurement, logistics management
preferably with UNICEF or International/government/commercial
organizations, some of which in management capacity.
- Experience in emergency duty station and in dealing with government counterparts is a plus.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of an additional UN Language is considered an asset.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
i) Core Values:
– Diversity and Inclusion
ii) Core Competencies:
– Working with People
– Drive for Results
iii) Functional Competencies:
– Relating and Networking
– Persuading and Influencing
– Creating and Innovating
– Leading and Supervising
– Formulating Strategies and Concepts
iv) Technical Knowledge:
– Knowledge of Supply Chain Management preferably in a developing country context.
Mastery of technical knowledge (product knowledge, market
research/analysis) required for Supply Management/Purchasing/Contracting
(e.g., vaccine, equipment, medical supplies, contracts, customs
function, taxation, insurance, etc.).
– Knowledge of relevant Information Technology software.
- The successful candidate for this emergency recruitment MUST be available to commence work within 31 days of receiving an offer.
- Please note that this is a re-advertisement. Candidates who have
applied previously, will also be considered, and do not need to
How to Apply