Stresert Services Limited – Our client, one of the leading legal
practitioners and arbitrators in the Nigerian legal sector is currently
seeking to employ suitably qualified candidate to fill the position of:
Required Education & Skills
- Candidate must be a Graduate of Law with minimum of six (6) years experience.
- A skilled negotiator and team player who can actively work with
the businesses to engineer pragmatic solutions to a wide range of
challenges, while balancing the need to comply with many and often
potentially conflicting legal, regulatory and internal policy
- Excellent writing skills with little or no review needed.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- The ideal candidate should preferably reside on the Island i.e. Lagos Island, Lekki, Ajah and immediate locality.
- The ability to balance legal risk with the commercial needs of the business.
- A proven ability to work with colleagues in different regions to
find solutions across different legal, regulatory and business
Description of Duties
- All administrative tasks required for the post.
- Deal with issues pertaining to business transactions. Draft
client agreements, negotiate employment contracts or write purchase
- Review business transactions or negotiate trade, employment and other agreements.
- Draft and negotiate contracts, whether in their own right or as
part of complex mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and financing
- Provide a broad range of commercial legal support for
operational and corporate services issues, advising in particular on a
wide range of general commercial contracts of all sizes, including
outsourcings, facilities management contracts, marketing and agency
contracts, consultancy and other services arrangements, special events,
construction/real estate related contracts, confidentiality agreements
and other related commercial contracts etc.
- Work on a broad spectrum of transactions, from substantial
outsourcing, joint ventures and project development agreements to
day-to-day manufacture, logistics/warehousing, advertising arrangements
- Work in close contact with the firm’s litigation department.
- Engage in negotiations on behalf of clients.
- Clarifying with client officers any difficult areas, dealing with and responding to any defences and/or counter claims lodged.
- Carry out extensive research and report writing.
- Assist with the revising of current, and development of new
procedures, precedents and related ways of enhancing the provision of
legal support, particularly in relation to supporting the Procurement
- Understand and ensure that contracting arrangements are
consistent with applicable policies. Working with other commercial
lawyers when engaged, including the supervision and training of more
junior lawyers as the need arises.
- Keep up to date with the latest commercial and legal developments
- Any other duties relevant for the work of the Section as determined by the post holder’s line manager.
N200, 000/ M
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘Transaction Lawyer’ as the subject of application.
Note: Only experienced candidates will be shortlisted and invited for interviews.
Deadline 20th September, 2015