The University of Ibadan is the oldest and prestigious Nigerian
University and is located in Ibadan, one of the three largest cities in
Africa. It has attained a position of eminence in various disciplines
and remains a major pioneer in the development of research in Africa.
The position of Bursar of the University of Ibadan, Nigeria will become
vacant with effect from 18 November, 2015. Therefore, applications are
invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of:
Job Title: Bursar
- Applicants must have a minimum of Fifteen (15) years cognate
post professional qualification experience in a tertiary
institution/relevant organization, and must have a minimum of Five (5)
residency at the level of a Deputy Bursar or its equivalent
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer and, in accordance with the University Act, the Chief Finance Officer of the University.
- He/She is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day to day
administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- Applicants for this key management position must be candidates
with vision, proven professional distinction, managerial ability,
integrity and transparency in private and public life, who should be
able to provide the management of the University with appropriate advice
and support for all of the institution’s financial transactions.
- The right candidate should also have the ability to develop
linkages with the external communities to support the needs of the
University, command respect and engender the cooperation and loyalty of
staff and students of the institution.
Remuneration and Conditions of Service
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as
applicable to the post of BURSAR of all Nigerian Federal Universities
and as may be determined from time-to-time by the Government/Governing
Council as appropriate.
- The successful candidate shall hold the office for a period of five (5) years.
- The appointment my however, subject to satisfactory performance
be extended for another one (1) year and no more by the Governing
- Fringe benefit include a Pension Scheme in consonance with the
Contributory Pension Scheme and appropriate allowances as may be
approved time-to-time by the Government/University Council
- Applicants must possess a Degree in any of Accounting,
Economics, Finance, Business Administration or any other related
discipline with a minimum of second class lower as well as a relevant
Master’s Degree. In addition, applicant must possess professionally
recognized Accountancy qualifications of any of the following: ACA,
ACMA, CPA, ACCA. ICAN or ANAN.
- Applicants should not be older than 60 years old as at date of possible assumption of duty on 19th November, 2015.
- He/She must also be computer literate with a working knowledge of good Accounting packages.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward application and
Thirty-five (35) copies of detailed Curriculum Vitae stating the
- Full name(surname first);
- Date of Birth (not age)
- Marital Status
- State of Origin
- Postal/E-mail Address
- Full Qualifications with dates
- Work experience(s)
- Names and addresses of three (3) Referees.
- They should also forward not more than a two page statement of
their vision and mission for the Bursary Department of a mature
University along with two (2) Photocopies of their Certificates to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
University of Ibadan,
All application are to be submitted under confidential cover with the envelop marked “Post of Bursar, University of Ibadan”
Applicant are requested to inform their Referees to send Confidential
Report on them, using letter-headed papers, direct to the Registrar and
Secretary to Council University of Ibadan, from whom further details may
Note: Only applications of shortlisted candidate will be acknowledged
Application Deadline 29th September, 2015.