Hobark International Limited (HIL) is an Integrated Services Company
whose subsidiaries: DrillPet International Limited (DIL), Uniterm
Nigeria Limited (UNL), UltiProc Nigeria Limited (UPNL), Hobark
Consultant Management Services (HCMS) and Gigasec- provide Manpower
Logistics Support, Drilling Operations and Consultancy
Services, On/OffShore Catering Services, Drilling Rigs & Drilling
Bits and Procurement Services to the Oil & Gas Industry. IP security
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Legal Counsel
Req ID: Req-0899
- Undertake legal research and provide advisory legal opinions to
relevant Company Departments on a wide range of issues including fiscal
and finance matters, commercial issues, labour related matters,
interpretation of Nigerian legislation, contractual obligations etc.
- Serve as Company’s representative during negotiations of various unitisations involving Company
- Provide legal support to Contract Engineers in the Contracts
& Procurement Department in the adaption of existing contract
templates to align with evolving regulatory and administrative
requirements and also deal with exceptions and variations to contract
terms raised by prospective contractors.
- Prepare and draft agreements / contracts and follow through their implementation.
- Handle routine legal dossiers and occasionally, averagely
complex legal dossiers with supervision and participate in negotiations
with Company’s partners, contractors and relevant government agencies
- Provide legal support for treasury operations including
drafting/review of banking service agreements, performance bonds,
guarantees and credit facility agreements.
- Carry out any other tasks or activities assigned by the Legal Manager.
- Provide legal support to Company via analysis of legal risks and possible impact on potential transactions.
- Provide legal and contractual support to the Company’s Asset departments/project teams in all matters.
- Attend court and liaise with external counsel with respect to
litigation, arbitration, tax appeals and any other dispute resolution
proceedings involving the Company and the pre-litigation phases.
- Must have a minimum of LL.B, L.B.
- Must be fluent in English.
How to Apply