Abt Associates – The International Health Division is committed to the
improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving
both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy
research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health
health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies
that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with
special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Project Driver 03
Req Id: 23883
- High School (desirable), valid drivers license, plus 6 months commercial driving experience
Project Vehicle Tasks:
- Drive project, and project affiliated personnel to project sites
within and outside of Lagos for project activities, including official
- Perform project routine business around Lagos, such as receiving
and delivering official project documentation, general office
- Establish record keeping systems for vehicle issues, including
fuel, mileage, and trip logs; observe all company vehicle utilization
policies, and in-country traffic laws
- Responsible for maintenance of project vehicle, keeping accurate
records, and following a schedule of routine maintenance, cleaning,
- Ensure the readiness of the vehicle for transport service by
checking oil, water, fuel and other parts of the vehicle prior to
- Purchase of basic cleaning and kitchen supplies (coffee
cleaners, etc.) and assist in the purchase of other project authorized
- Regularly check post office boxes, collect and dispatch letters, parcels and other correspondence.
- In general, perform any other tasks as designated by the Finance
& Administration Manager and as directed by the State Team Leader.
- Perform relevant general service activities such as collection of proforma, processing customs duty clearance/VAT exemption.
- Work with the Administrative Assistant to arrange for repairs, maintenance, and improvements to the office as necessary.
- Valid Nigerian Drivers License.
- Previous work experience on a development project is desirable.
- At least 6 months prior experience in commercial driving.
- Completion of Secondary School is highly desirable.
- Excellent driving record and experience in traveling through Lagos, Abuja, and other major cities of Nigeria.
- Good command of English language skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
How To Apply