Vacancy in Nassarawa for General Manager Milling Operations September, 2015
Best Search Recruitment Limited – Our client, a Poultry and Fish Feed
Production Company, currently seek to employ suitably qualified
candidate to fill the position of:
- The general manager of milling operations position will require a
very strong candidate that has high top level management experience in
companies with a turnover in excess of US$50 million, will be highly
driven and efficiency focused.
- The position will report to managing director and will be
responsible for overseeing all milling operations of the company,
including the poultry feed factory, the fish feed factory, the oil mill
and the maize meal factory as well as all supporting departments. It is
expected that the GM will have a background in nutrition or accountancy.
- Overall day to day management of commercial feed mill, fish feed mill, soybean oil mill and maize meal factory
- Ensures constant monitoring of production efficiencies in the
all factories and strives to achieve optimal operating performance and
minimal down time
- Operations planning and implementation
- Involved and contribute in strategic planning for operational expansions
- Budget development and overseeing implementation and monitoring through the accounts department
- Oversee marketing department, procurement and input warehousing
department, finished product and dispatch, financial management,
administration and maintenance
- Develops, revises and improves standard operational and working
practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards
- Implementing training programs for employee development and ensuring adequate back-up of personal for key positions.
- Monitoring diets used in feed production and working with nutritionists for lowest cost diet formulations.
- Developing and ensuring adequate reporting procedures throughout the company
- Providing regular reports to Managing Director
- Managing operational transitions through company expansion phases
- Ensure proper emphasis to product quality and review/develop quality assurance sampling procedures
- Ensures consistent and high levels of customer experience
through the management of production, from input receipt and quality
analysis to output presentation and delivery and after sales support.
- Through the maintenance manager, reviews current or establishes, implements and monitors new preventative maintenance program
- Ensures the use of approved maintenance management systems to track costs and failure rates.
- Reviewing and maintaining effective inventory control system from inputs through to finished products
- Managing capital development projects such as silo installations, construction projects, factory installation projects etc
- 8 years’ experience in a similar role
- Feed mill experience is essential
- Top Level Management Experience in Organisation with greater than US$50 million expected.
- Enterprise resource management software experience is important
- Very high level of computer literacy is essential
- Oil mill factory (expellers), would be valuable
- Maize meal production experience would be valuable
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Resume to: email@example.com
Deadline: 20th September, 2015.