GVA Partners is a business advisory and market intelligence services
firm. Our objectives are to assist organizations to achieve their growth
aspirations by providing market intelligence, strategy blueprint, IT
solution delivery expertise and business operation improvement
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Infrastructure Specialist
Location: Lagos Nigeria
- Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition
of projects from development staff to production staff by performing
operations activities within the project life-cycle.
- This individual is accountable for the following systems: Linux
and Windows (both physical and virtual) systems that support LAN
- Linux, Windows and Application systems that support security and
email systems; Responsibilities on these systems include installation,
engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and
research and development.
- This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
- The Infrastructure Specialist is responsible for effective
provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of
systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems,
software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational
values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners.
- This individual will assist project teams with technical issues
in the Initiation and Planning phases of the Company’s standard Project
- These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and
technical strategy; research & development within the project
life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations
staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions.
The responsibilities and expectations of the Infrastructure Specialist are as follows:
- Analysing system logs and identifying potential issues with computer systems.
- Introducing and integrating new technologies into existing data center environments.
- Performing routine audits of systems and software.
- Performing backups.
- Applying operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
- Installing and configuring new hardware and software (e.g. database systems).
- Adding, removing, or updating user account information, resetting passwords, etc.
- Answering technical queries and dealing with often frustrated users.
- Responsibility for security.
- Responsibility for documenting the configuration of the system.
- Troubleshooting any reported problems.
- System performance tuning.
- Ensuring that the network infrastructure is up and running.
Desired Competency and Skills Requirement:
- Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Unix and Microsoft (preferred)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Minimum of 4+ years post National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) in
server/desktop administration; experience within an exchange or
financial services organization preferred
- B.Sc degree in Computer Science, engineering discipline, mathematics or physics will be a distinct advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com using the job title as subject of the mail.