Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Our reputation for providing high quality services with integrity has earned us the trust of our clients and our people.
If you’re ready for a career with a dynamic organisation in an environment that fosters professional
development and career advancement, you’re ready for Deloitte. With 210,000 people in over 150 countries, Deloitte member firms serve more than 80 percent of the world’s largest companies as well as large national enterprises, public institutions and successful fast-growing companies.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Tax Accounting Officer
- If you are looking forward to working in an organization that sees you as a dynamic individual with skills, knowledge, drive and a distinct identity. Deloitte is the place to be.
- Akintola Williams Deloitte offers you the opportunity to build on your experience and exposes you to better development opportunities and real scope to make a difference.
- When you join us, you will be expected to bring in talent, drive and ambition. You will also need to be prepared to take on real responsibility right from the start.
- The ideal candidate will be charged with the responsibility of collecting current and outstanding WHT from clients, prompt reporting of balances and reconciliation of WHT ledgers.
Role Specific Competencies/Soft Skills/Qualification
We are currently seeking to hire exceptional graduates who have a holistic approach to tax issues and ability to view problems from all angles.
To join our unique team, you must:
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office ‘ Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, Project
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and relationship management
- Must have an understanding of WIP and Debtors accounting procedures.
- VAT and WHT accounting Knowledge
- B.Sc./HND in Accounting or any related course (minimum of 2.2/ lower credit)
- Part/fully qualified Accountant (ICAN, ACCA)
- Minimum of 1 year cognate experience in a similar position.
- Have an interest in a career in Taxation
- Partnership Tax affairs, ITF, Anti-Laundry Theft and other regulatory laws.
- Office, Access)
- Good Knowledge of accounting procedures
- Must be able to pay attention to details and possess excellent presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Prepare and send monthly statement of un-receipted withholding taxes to clients and reconcile response to job ledgers
- Prepare monthly collections report versus un-receipted WHT ledger balance
- Prepare reconciliation statement of un-receipted and receipted withholding taxes and agree with general ledger records
- Process Vendor WHT cheque for receipts and credit notes
- Provide relevant tax advice and statutory update as regards the administration of withholding taxes
- Prepare and process monthly provision schedules for un-receipted withholding taxes over 90days
- Reconcile unreceipted WHT provision ledger to listing
- Follow through with client contact persons and pick up cheques or withholding tax credit notes
- Investigate un-receipted withholding taxes disputed by client for prompt resolution and posting clearing them from the job ledgers
- Develop and maintain a credit database of clients
- Maintain a listing of all outstanding receivables and non- receipted withholding taxes
- Collect un-receipted withholding taxes from client
- Prepare letters to clients on un-receipted withholding taxes older than 60 days
- Forward all withholding tax receipt to unit Administrators for onward remittance to clients once credit notes is received
- Apply credit notes and WHT cheques received from client to ledgers
- Monthly remittance of withholding taxes paid with fee by client to Revenue Authority
- Reconcile Receipted WHT ledger to Physical credit notes monthly
- Prepare and send monthly breakdown of un-receipted withholding taxes to Partner and Manager groups
How to Apply
Click here to apply online