Tax Accounting Officer Job Vacancy at Deloitte October, 2015
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the
world. Our reputation for providing high quality services with integrity
has earned us the trust of our clients and our people.
ready for a career with a dynamic organisation in an environment that
development and career advancement, you’re ready
for Deloitte. With 210,000 people in over 150 countries, Deloitte
member firms serve more than 80 percent of the world’s largest
companies as well as large national enterprises, public institutions
and successful fast-growing companies.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Tax Accounting Officer
Reference Code: 112890
Location: Lagos State, Nigeria
Firm Service: Firm Internal
Type of Position: Full-time
- If you are looking forward to working in an organization that
sees you as a dynamic individual with skills, knowledge, drive and a
distinct identity. Deloitte is the place to be.
- Akintola Williams Deloitte offers you the opportunity to build
on your experience and exposes you to better development opportunities
and real scope to make a difference.
- When you join us, you will be expected to bring in talent, drive
and ambition. You will also need to be prepared to take on real
responsibility right from the start.
- The ideal candidate will be charged with the responsibility of
collecting current and outstanding WHT from clients, prompt reporting of
balances and reconciliation of WHT ledgers.
Role Specific Competencies/Soft Skills/Qualification
We are currently seeking to hire exceptional graduates who have a
holistic approach to tax issues and ability to view problems from all
To join our unique team, you must:
- Have an interest in a career in Taxation
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office â€‘ Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, Project Office, Access)
- VAT and WHT accounting Knowledge
- Partnership Tax affairs, ITF, Anti-Laundry Theft and other regulatory laws.
- B.Sc./HND in Accounting or any related course (minimum of 2.2/ lower credit)
- Part/fully qualified Accountant (ICAN, ACCA)
- Minimum of 1 year cognate experience in a similar position.
- Good Knowledge of accounting procedures
- Must be able to pay attention to details and possess excellent presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including
ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and relationship management
- Must have an understanding of WIP and Debtors accounting procedures.
- Develop and maintain a credit database of clients
- Process Vendor WHT cheque for receipts and credit notes
- Provide relevant tax advice and statutory update as regards the administration of withholding taxes
- Apply credit notes and WHT cheques received from client to ledgers
- Monthly remittance of withholding taxes paid with fee by client to Revenue Authority
- Forward all withholding tax receipt to unit Administrators for onward remittance to clients once credit notes is received
- Prepare and process monthly provision schedules for un-receipted withholding taxes over 90days
- Maintain a listing of all outstanding receivables and non- receipted withholding taxes
- Collect un-receipted withholding taxes from client
- Prepare letters to clients on un-receipted withholding taxes older than 60 days
- Follow through with client contact persons and pick up cheques or withholding tax credit notes
- Investigate un-receipted withholding taxes disputed by client
for prompt resolution and posting clearing them from the job ledgers
- Prepare and send monthly breakdown of un-receipted withholding taxes to Partner and Manager groups
- Prepare and send monthly statement of un-receipted withholding taxes to clients and reconcile response to job ledgers
- Prepare monthly collections report versus un-receipted WHT ledger balance
- Prepare reconciliation statement of un-receipted and receipted withholding taxes and agree with general ledger records
- Reconcile unreceipted WHT provision ledger to listing
- Reconcile Receipted WHT ledger to Physical credit notes monthly
How to Apply