The Governing Council of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria hereby announces that the position of the University Librarian is vacant. Suitably qualified and interested individuals are invited to submit their application:
Job Title: Registrar
Location: Kaduna State
The Registrar is a Principal Officer of the University responsible to the University Governing Council through the Vice Chancellor for duties as Chief Administrative Officer that include:
- Keeping in a safe custody all records of the University;
- Arrangement for the conduct of examinations;
- Serving as Secretary to and be responsible for executive action arising from decisions of the Governing Council, the Senate, Congregation and such other bodies as the Statutes of the University may prescribe or Vice-Chancellor may direct;
- Serving as member on various academic and administrative committees as may be prescribed by the law or the relevant University authorities;
- Assisting the Vice-Chancellor in the general administration of the University.
- Candidates should possess a good honours first degree in the Liberal, Humanities or related disciplines.
- Possession of relevant post-graduate degree/diploma and registration with relevant professional bodies would be an added advantage.
- Candidates are expected to have served for at least fifteen years (15) in sufficiently Senior Administrative capacities in the University system or in comparable establishments.
- Suitable candidates are expected to be knowledgeable about the operation of the University system and competent to advise and take executive action on matters of planning, design and management in realization of the cardinal objectives of teaching, research and community service.
- Computer knowledge and application are mandatory.
Condition of Service
The remuneration and conditions of service are as applicable to posts of Registrars in Nigerian Federal Universities, and as may be determined by the Council and the Government from time to time.
Job Title: University Librarian
- The University Librarian is a Principal Officer of the University responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the overall administration of the University Library, its branches and extension and for providing library services for the entire University community.
Candidates for this post must:
- Possess a good Honours Degree in Library and Information Science from a recognized University, plus a higher Degree (preferably PhD) with at least 15 (fifteen) years relevant experience) preferably in a University or other institutions of higher learning;
- Be professionally qualified and be practicing librarians;
- Be computer literate and proficient in computer applications;
- Be registered member of the Librarians’ Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN).
- Have contributed to knowledge through research and publications in reputable journals, as well as possess proven records of sound administrative leadership;
Job Title: Bursar
- The Bursar is the Chief Financial Officer of the University and subject to the directions of and responsible to the Vice-Chancellor and University Council for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- In that capacity the Bursar shall be competent to advise on the financial policies, budgeting, disbursement of funds, and b:e responsible for the preparation of presentation of Annual Estimates, Planning, Control and periodic evaluation of University accounting and treasury services, including investment of funds, preparation and updating of Manual of Financial Procedures etc.
- The Bursar is also expected to carry out other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Candidates are required to have a good honours Degree in Accounting and or professional qualification (i.e ACCA, ACA, ICAN, ANAN etc) with at least 15 years post qualification cognate working experience which should include not less than five years at the managerial level in a comparable establishment.
Job Title: Chief Security Officer
Location: Kaduna State
- The University Chief Security Officer is responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the overall security and intelligence matters of the University and ensuring safety for the entire University community.
- Applicants should be holders of good honors degree from a recognised university or its equivalent from a recognised institution in the relevant field with 15 years cognate experience.
- Applicants must show aptitude for security work, crime detection and prevention, be physically fit and of good character.
- Applicants must be retired officers not below the rank of Lt. Col in the Nigerian Army or its equivalent in other forces.
Job Title: Chief Internal Auditor
Location: Kaduna State
The Chief Internal Auditor is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for duties as Chief internal Auditor as follows:
- Lead the development and implementation of an internal risk based audit strategy and annual plan for the University;
- Plan and conduct audits to assess controls, operational and technical efficiencies and compliance with selected policies, procedures and regulations of the University;
- Review and assessment of accounting anstore system, records and procedure with routine checks and security of cash, documents and assets (acquisition and disposal);
- Pre and post auditing of payment systems and all other financial transactions in the University.
- Applicants should possesses a minimum of B.Sc degree in Accounting from a recognised university and be a member of any of the recognized professional bodies by Examination plus a minimum of 12 years post qualification working experience in a University or similar Institutions.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should submit 30 copies each of application letter and comprehensive curriculum vitae (attaching photocopies of relevant credentials) under confidential cover in an envelope sealed and marked “Post of University Librarian, Abu Zaria” and addressed to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Ahmadu Bello University,
P. M. B. 1045,
Candidates are advised to request three of their referees to forward reports on them under confidential cover to the Registrar and Secretary to Council, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.
All applications and Referees Reports on them should be submitted not later than the closing date above.
Deadline 11th January, 2016.