Somotex Nigeria Limited is a manufacturer and supplier of cooling systems – air conditioners and refrigerators partnering with Midea of China, and Chest Freezers in relationship with Tamashi.
Somotex is also a major importer of tyres and a major partner of Havells-Electrical in Industrial and
Home appliances. The company provides after sales support service for all her product lines. Good communication skills is a key requirement for staff recruitment.
Job Title: Product Manager
· Identify, develop and execute product strategy based on company objectives, market characteristics and trends and profitability requirements
· Lead cross-functional teams to deliver new, innovative products to market on time and on budget
· Evaluate the financial aspects of product development, such as return-on-investment and profit-loss projections
· Execute the development, design and production of packaging, literature, signage and marketing materials in accordance with branding strategies
· Develop and participate in presentations to internal and key strategic retail account
· Monitor and analyze the competitive landscape, business developments and market trends to identify opportunities and ensure product offering is properly positioned
· Identify new influential designs and meaningful product innovation to accentuate current portfolios.
· Identify and develop Brand extensions into parallel categories.
· Define and develop product positioning, messaging, feature specifications, unique selling proposition and pricing strategies
· Excellent understanding of business analytics to make informed business decisions
· Ability to effectively provide direction and problem solve in a timely manner
· Ability to juggle structure and lead complex projects, monitor progress against key milestones and deliver on time and on budget
· Direct experience in managing, guiding and placing accountability with overseas manufacturing partners.
· Excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to give public presentations
· Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
Keen eye for influential product design and innovation.
· An Entrepreneur with a flare and drive to produce uniqueness with features that matters across product portfolio
· Ability to understand consumer needs and marketplace trends and translate these into successful new product offerings and product improvements
· Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business required; MBA a plus
· 4 -5 years or more of product development/brand experience in consumer durable goods industry experience required
· Demonstrated success managing and executing multiple product launch cycles, from idea generation to product delivery
· Experience developing new consumer products for market including definition of concepts, positioning, features, benefits and pricing
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should send application and CV to email@example.com