With our best-in-class drillships and highly experienced team, Pacific Drilling is a fast-growing company committed to becoming the industry’s preferred ultra-deepwater drilling contractor.
Job Title: 2nd Engineer
The hiring entity for this position is Pacific Drilling’s Nigerian affiliate, Pacific International Drilling West Africa Limited
The 2nd Engineer is in charge of executing preventative/corrective maintenance tasks and ongoing maintenance repairs to equipment pertaining to power plant, dynamic positioning systems and living quarter’s equipment.
The 2nd Engineer executes the preventative / corrective maintenance tasks and ongoing maintenance repairs in his/her area of responsibility. The 2nd Engineer liaises daily with the Chief Engineer/First Engineer regarding the preventative maintenance to plan maintenance in an efficient manner and with a proactive attitude to prevent non-productive time. The 2nd Engineer performs watch standing duties as required and is responsible for correct entries in the Oil Record Book and Engine Room Logbook.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Five years of offshore / merchant navy experience, preferably on a dynamically positioned drilling vessel with a minimum of two years’ experience in the position of 2nd Engineer (3rd Engineer Non-U.S.).
- Senior School certificate (SSCE)/ West Africa Examination Council (WAEC)/ GCE O/L, OND in Nigeria is equivalent of 2 years associate degree in U.S., while HND or BSc is for 4 years (with at least 120 credits/units)
- Nigerian In Country – resident
- Fluent English communication skills (both oral and written)
- An unlimited horsepower Second Engineer’s (Third-class motor A-III/1) watch keeping license/certificate of competency, without limitations of horsepower, issued by his/her National Maritime Administration in compliance with the STCW Code.
- Medium voltage experience (1000V or higher).
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Act as a safety leader ensuring the ongoing identification of hazards and the implementation of controls to manage associated risks with a special focus on Permit-to-Work and Isolation Procedures.
- Person in charge of an engine room watch.
- Ensure that all maintenance is planned, organized, supervised and executed in accordance with Pacific Drilling Requirements, contractual obligations and that it does not interfere with well programs.
- Inform Chief Engineer/First Engineer and other department heads of any technical problems or limitations that may affect safe operation of the vessel.
- Liaise with the Marine Department
- Ensure that the 3rd Engineer and Motor Operator have all necessary competencies and skills to perform.
- Leader in completing preventative and corrective maintenance, repairs of hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical components of Power Plant and related Auxiliary Systems, Dynamic Positioning Equipment and Auxiliary Systems, Medium Voltage systems, Ballast and Bilge Systems, HVAC systems , Remote Operated Valve Systems, Boilers, Incinerator and Auxiliary Equipment, Compressed Air Systems and equipment including both Service and Starting Air, Emergency Shutdown Systems, Safety Systems and Zero Discharge Equipment, Lifeboats and Fast Rescue Craft, Living Quarters and related Support Systems
- Under all circumstances maintain a minimum amount of spares onboard
- Responsible for completing preventative maintenance and to document all maintenance completed accordingly in the CMMS.
High School Diploma/GED
How to Apply
Click Here to Apply