Career Opportunities at Gibadi
Gibadi – Africa’s online industrial store; is a business-to-business (B2B) marketplace specializing in business and goods supplies for small and mid-sized companies across Africa. We sells various products through the internet and catalogues with categories such as MRO (maintenance, repair and operational), Safety Supplies, janitorial, hand tools, electrical, lighting, electrical, plumbing, fasteners, and lab supplies.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: SEO/Adwords Specialist
- Implement the social media strategy, coordinating with stakeholders across the Company to ensure its effectiveness and encouraging adoption of relevant social media techniques into the corporate culture and into all of the approved company’s products and services.
- Optimize website content for keywords and conversions.
- Manage SEO campaigns for outbound and incoming traffic including generating reports and conducting website audit
- Collaborate with sales and marketing team to develop and implement effective SEO strategies.
- Keep up with constantly changing SEO standards.
- Use in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, etc.) and how they can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format.
- Monitor trends in social media tools and applications.
- Regularly give feedback insights gained from social media monitoring to the Sales, Marketing and Editorial teams, to help them evolve their strategies in a timely fashion.
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Posting on relevant blogs, and seeding content into social applications if required.
- Manage presence in social networking sites as campaign requires.
- Manage social media campaigns and day-to-day activities.
- Keep up with industry-wide SEO best practices.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Facebook Ads, Twitter Sponsor Posts including A/B optimization testing.
- Experience with Google AdWords, including keyword research and budgeting.
- Experience with platform analytic dashboards.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, writing, information science, communications, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years recent and relevant experience managing social media and SEO.
- Previous experience in the development and implementation of media planning and buying strategies and a strong familiarity with online marketing best practices. Knowledge of programmatic ad buying, audience targeting and analysis.
- Experience with content management systems (CMS).
- Strong proficiency with MS Office, web and social analytics tools.
- Good knowledge of Adobe CS6, Flash, Digital Asset Management and other web & mobile based technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Job Title: Account Manager
- The Account Manager, will be responsible for managing business relationships with customers, to identify opportunities for growth and increased revenue for the company as well as improve the customer experience.
- He/She will manage existing relationships with Enterprise customers, understanding their business model and market to be able to assist in the development of strategies that will enable the company and the Customer to grow and succeed.
- Manage relationships of specific accounts to drive increased network utilization.
- Generate new business leads using existing network of contacts and industry knowledge
- Engage and interact with decision makers at a senior level to identify new and emerging business opportunities for
- Develop respective plans for aggressive achievement of high value sales in timely fashion
- Deliver sales presentations as may be required thigh level decision makers
- Build and maintain productive business relationships with these decision makers to understand the Customers’ strategic direction and explore opportunities for the company to gain a larger share of the Customers’ wallets.
- Bring to bear own knowledge and experience of selling in the telecoms sector on the team, defining and implementing developmental strategies that will support the growth of the team and generate increased revenue for the company.
- Provide to the Line manager with the necessary sales reports, budgets, sales plan, and market analysis.
- Extensive knowledge of the sector’s sales principles and practices, and ability to coach others on them.
- Understanding of local markets, customers and competition in order to target needs and drive sales.
- Ability to grow the business, with proven success of client return on investment.
- Strong ability to uncover new revenue opportunities and create productive, long-term customer relationships.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and clarify deliverables
- Bachelors Degree in Social Sciences or any relevant discipline .
- Post graduate/relevant professional qualification will be an advantage.
- At least 2-5 years’ relevant sales experience.
- Develop and implement Marketing, Branding, Planning and Development etc.
- Maintain and service both the existing and the new clients satisfactorily.
- Prepare documents such as representation contracts, purchase agreements, closing statements, deeds and leases.
- Must be customer responsive and creative.
- Responsible for all sales activities in assigned territory.
- Discover new opportunities constantly.
- Prepare a variety of sales status reports that include activity, follow-up, closings, and adherence to targets.
- Communicate new opportunities, feedback, special developments, or information collected during field activity to designated personnel.
- Source and develop client referrals.
- Plan and carry out direct marketing and sales of company products.
- Respond to sales inquiries and concerns by phone, electronically or in person.
- HND/Bachelors Degree in any discipline
- NYSC discharge/exemption certificate
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Sales
- The Product Content Specialist will report to the Product Content Manager (and other management personnel as required) to create and maintain accurate product content, product selection, and engineering resource information represented throughout the Gibadi website.
- Responsible for assigned product content on Supplier Landing Pages, product and technical spotlights, and other locations as required based on supplier content and input using the content and microsite creation procedures.
- Researches the suppliers’ websites for additional information, videos, brochures, etc. to enhance the content page(s).
- Works closely with Product Content Manager to develop results-oriented marketing strategies based on work queue, work flows, updates, and changes.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of electronic components and keeps current regarding industry news, trends, and practices.
- Detailed and thorough in work habits with multi-tasking ability. Works with minimum supervision, arrives on time, and works the hours needed. Extremely confidential and trustworthy.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline. Engineering is an advantage
- Minimum of 2 years working experience
- NYSC discharge/ Exemption certificate
Skills & Certifications:
- Must have knowledge of electronic/electrical component terminology, be an extremely inquisitive and a quick learner.
- Some design or page-layout experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Excel and Outlook.
- Writing, proofreading, and editing skills
- Good time management skills and ability to concentrate on a task for an extended period of time
- Detailed and thorough in work habits with multi-tasking ability.