European Union Jobs for Technical Engineer
Job Title: Technical Engineer
Job No: 0002
- The Joint Management Committee of the EU Common Embassy Complex is considering the recruitment of a Technical Engineer and invites interested persons for application.
- The successful candidate will provide technical & infrastructure support to the JMC as Part-time Engineer.
- Duties would include and not limited to providing assistance with office maintenance works, tracking of electrical supplies and furniture in the complex among other tasks.
- As such, the position requires a good knowledge of logistics in an International Organization, a good knowledge of administrative, financial and control procedures, a high degree of professionalism, a good oral and written communication, good organisational skills, and the ability to be flexible as demands and priorities change.
Functions and Duties
- Monitoring the state of the properties in the complex with respect to its functionalities;
- Monitoring of service/maintenance intervals of all technical installations;
- Initiating service/maintenance works, including procurement, following up of works and quality control;
- Locating, documenting and reporting defects/faults and proposing technical solutions to Members;
- Managing spare parts for all technical installations in the complex except for individual Member;
- Drawing up technical specifications;
- Monitoring the use and stocking of spare parts in the store with up to date inventory and advice Members when to stock;
- Procurement of genuine spare parts at reasonable and competitive price from the local market;
- Liaising with utility providers in case of breakdown of any installed equipment by such organization;
- Monthly and quarterly report to be presented to Members about the state of the complex with respect to the properties and installed equipment;
- Any other duties assigned by the JMC.
Education and Training
- At least a Higher National Diploma (HND) or its equivalent Diploma in Engineering or Infrastructure Management or Purchasing & Supplies or any related course.
- A university degree will be an advantage.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the management maintenance.
- Previous experience within a diplomatic embassy or an international organisation will be an advantage.
- Full computer literacy
- Good organizational skills
- Good command of English language; both oral and written. Knowledge of French is an advantage
The JMC undertakes to pay the Contractor, in consideration of services rendered under the contract a lump sum in Naira per month.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a letter explaining their interest and suitability for this position and Curriculum Vitae (each 2 pages maximum) to the attention of Chairman of Joint Management Committee on: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Note: Applications received after the closing date or not conform to these instructions will be automatically rejected.