Finance Assistant Job at United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), Nigeria is supporting the Government of Nigeria to strengthen prevention of and response all forms of violence against children. In particular, assistance will be provided to strengthen the child protection system, including through modelling the system in four States, in order to demonstrate the impact of a well-functioning child protection system, to develop a common model for operationalizing the Child Rights Act at State level and to develop standardized tools, including regulations, working protocols and training manuals to govern the system.
If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Vacancy Number: VN-NGR-75-2015
Contract Type/Duration:Temporary Appointment / 6 months
Purpose of the Post
- Under the direct supervision of the Finance Officer, assist in the area of finance and accounting control, recording, reporting of assets, liabilities.
- Monitor the appropriate disbursement of funds and payments of accounts in accordance with rules, regulations and established budgetary limits.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews payment requests and supporting documentation for completeness and accuracy ensuring correct vendor details and proper charge codes are selected
- Received and support in review of payment requests relating to direct payment by checking the accuracy of the listed beneficiaries
- Review liquidation of DCTs to partners, ensuring that completeness of the retirement documents and conformity with original proposal
- Reconciles PAR accounts for staff (international and national) as well as the general Ledger accounts
- Review and reconcile monthly schedules to identify open items, investigate and match to clear and submit for posting
- Raise journal entries for reconciliation or change of funding sources
Minimum Qualifications and Competencies
- Completion of Secondary education with major in finance, accounting.
- University degree with additional commercial training in bookkeeping, business or accounting with professional certification in Accounting is desirable.
- Minimum of Six (6) years of progressive practical work experience in finance and accounting.
- Experience in an international organization desirable.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of one or two UN working languages is desirable. Knowledge of local language of the duty station is an asset.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should submit their application, accompanied by updated CV’s in English and a completed United Nations Personal History Form.
Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org While sending their applications, candidates are advised to put the position title on the subject line of their emails.
Click here to download United Nations Personal History Form
Deadline: 17th December, 2015.