Fresh Careers at Walcoss Consulting
We envision a business climate in Nigeria which is gradually revolutionarizing into a global one to be guided by key universal business principles. This has been our driving force and has led to a reinvention of our service offerings and our mode of delivery. We are highly energetic and self-motivated to take our clients to the top of their industry and to maintain such position. The proprietary tools we use are generated in-house and highly probing to unravel minor issues beneath the obvious.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Human Resources
- Maintains and enhances the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
Human Resources Manager Job Duties
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Maintains management guidelines and policies by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills and Qualifications
- Hiring, Human Resources Management, Benefits Administration, Performance Management, Communication Processes, Compensation and Wage Structure, Supports Diversity, Classifying Employees, Employment Law, Laws Against Sexual Harassment, Organization
- The candidate Human Resources Manager should have a first Degree in any Administrative courses and 4+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation.
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer (C.O.O)
- Directs, administers, and coordinates the internal operational activities of the organization in accordance with policies, goals, and objectives established by the Chief Executive Officer.
- Leads and directs the following functions and/or business units: operations, human resources, information systems, new business coordination, and organization promotion and communication.
- Assists the CEO in the development of organization policies and goals that cover operations, personnel, financial performance, and growth of the functions and/or business units mentioned above.
- Directs internal operations to achieve budgeted results and other financial criteria, and to preserve the capital funds invested in the enterprise.
- Participates in the development and preparation of short-term and long-range plans and budgets based upon broad organization goals and objectives. Recommends their adoption to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Directs the development and installation of procedures and controls, to promote communication and adequate information flow, and thereby solidify management control and direction of the enterprise.
- Develops and establishes operating policies consistent with the CEO’s broad policies and objectives and insures their adequate execution. Appraises and evaluates the results of overall operations regularly and systematically, and reports these results to the CEO
- Insures that all activities and operations are performed in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and laws governing business operations.
- Develops and maintains a sound plan of organization. Establishes policies to insure adequate management development and to provide for capable management succession for those functions/business units falling under his/her responsibility.
- Directs the development and establishment of adequate and equitable personnel policies throughout the organization, including compensation policies and employee benefit plans. Insures that the interests and welfare of employees as individuals are preserved and protected.
- Assist in formulating the company’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Develop performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
- Manage the accounting, human resources, investor relations, legal, tax, and treasury departments
- Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign operations
- Manage any third parties to which functions have been outsourced
- Oversee the company’s transaction processing systems
- Implement operational best practices
- Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package
- Supervise acquisition due diligence and negotiate acquisitions
- Oversee the issuance of financial information
- Personally review and approve all Form 8-K, 10-K, and 10-Q filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission
- Report financial results to the board of directors
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Report risk issues to the audit committee of the board of directors
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Arrange for debt and equity financing
- Invest funds
- Invest pension funds
- Participate in conference calls with the investment community
- Maintain banking relationships
- Represent the company with investment bankers and investors
Skills and Qualifications
- The candidate Chief Operating Officer should have a Master’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration, or equivalent business experience and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation.
- Should have experience in partnering with an executive team, and have a high level of written and oral communication skills.
- Preference will be given to candidates with an MBA in Finance and the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s to:firstname.lastname@example.org