Mott MacDonald is currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Programme Manager
Job Ref: 22517BR
Job Category: Education
- The role of the ESSPIN Assistant Programme Manager involves being a member of the ESSPIN Senior Management Team, along with the National Programme Manager (NPM), Deputy Programme Manager (DPM) and Operations Manager (OM).
- The post holder will play a full role in SMT decision-making and contribute actively to the ESSPIN Technical Team.
- In addition, s/he will have specific responsibilities in respect of supporting State Team Leaders, including regular support visits, and taking on aspects of technical delivery as assigned by the NPM.
- Contribute to the smooth running of the ESSPIN programme by becoming familiar with all aspects of ESSPIN, and functioning as a member of the Senior Management Team
- Work closely with STLs and Lead Specialists in carrying out relevant political engagement activities in States as ESSPIN enters its final implementation year
- Take responsibility for deepening understanding of ESSPIN’s sustainability plan amongst State teams, and implement programme completion tasks as assigned by the NPM
- Take on other specific tasks on behalf of the Technical Team as assigned by the NPM
- Be available to support particular STLs based on specific State need and demand
- Contribute to ESSPIN’s reporting requirements as assigned by the NPM and DPM
Extent of Authority:
- Work closely with State Team Leaders to ensure effective implementation of ESSPIN’s sustainability/exit plan on delegation by the NPM. This does not involve line management responsibility. Where the post holder is based in a state office, s/he will not assume the functions of an STL.
Special relationships and contacts:
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with other members of the SMT, lead specialists and State Team Leaders. Secondary network will include principal stakeholders in the states.
- Good writing and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Analytic and problem-solving skills
- Good networking abilities
Required Academic/professional Qualifications, Training and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Education or related field (relevant experience may be considered in lieu)
- Experience of professional engagement at senior levels of government, preferably Nigerian state governments
- Knowledge and experience of Mott MacDonald systems and processes is desirable
- Experience of international education development and in-depth understanding of basic education reform in Nigeria
- Management experience developed in the context of DFID and other client funded projects
How to Apply
Click here to apply
Note: This job description is draft and reflects the present requirements of the role. As duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and be subject to amendment in consultation with the role holder