The Kano Peace and Development Initiative (KAPEDI) is a not-for profit, non-governmental organization established for the promotion of peace, harmonious co-existence amongst all the peoples of Nigeria resident in Kano and for the promotion of good governance and the overall social and
economic development of the State and its people.
Kano Peace and Development Initiative (KAPEDI) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director – General
Location: Kano, Nigeria
- The Director-General will be the chief operating officer of the organization in charge of the implementation of its policies and programmes.
- He/She will report to the Board of Trustees through the Management Committee of the organization.
- He/She will lead an initial small but dynamic team of staff which will be expected to grow modestly within a few years.
- The successful candidate will be required to be in regular contact with a cross-section of the Kane community including youth groups the business community, women groups arid government ministries and departments as well as civil and community leaders.
- The candidate will also be in regular contact with donor agencies and other development agencies within Nigeria and overseas.
- The ideal candidate will have, as a minimum, a post graduate qualification in the Humanities Law or Social Sciences and a minimum of 10 years post qualification experience, be computer literate and be familiar with the workings of national and international development agencies.
- Any additional language skill will be an added advantage.
- The position is available for an initial period of two years.
- Candidates should be fluent in written and spoken English and Hausa languages.
- Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience, but will be competitive.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications including the curriculum vitae of the candidate and set out qualifications, experience and working history including current or last pay. Applicants should also provide names of three referees that may be contacted to provide confidential reference on the applicant.
Applications should be sent to:
The Secretary KAPEDI,
P.O. Box 895,
Sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only short listed candidates will be invited for interview
Deadline 28th December, 2015.